Thread: Cable Tray and Worksets

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Cable Tray and Worksets

I'm having an issue with an electrical link file not associating with the workset it says it is associated with. Or more accurately, it's associating with TWO worksets.

We have a MEP central file that has the electrical file linked in. When you click on the electrical file inside the MEP file it says that it's on the workset LINK_Revit_Elec. Which is the correct workset we setup for the electrical link.

BUT, if I close the workset named "Hydronic", which I often do when working on ductwork for this project, the electrical file disappears. If I close the LINK_Revit_Elec, the link also disappears.

Why is the link associating with two different worksets and how do I fix it? The hydronic workset is quite large and not opening it helps with load times.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cable Tray and Worksets

And two seconds later I figured it out. There are two places a link associates its workset with. Both the instance properties AND type properties. If you Edit Type on a link, there is a workset parameter within the type as well as the instance. Both of them must be set on the same workset otherwise if there are two worksets associated with the link, closing one shuts the link off.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cable Tray and Worksets

A linked file has two "identities", the definition of the link listed in Manage Links and the instance of the link listed under the link name in Visibility/Graphics. You also see that a link file has a workset property in the properties palette. It ALSO has a workset assignment for the definition in Type Properties. Make sure they are the same. One workset governs the Type Parameter (link definition) and the same one or another governs the actual link instance parameter (instance definition).