Thread: Missing MEP 2012 Ribbon Icons

Login to Give a bone

Default Missing MEP 2012 Ribbon Icons

Hi,
    I'm creating an enterprise cuix, but when ever I transfer over ribbon items from the stock MEP.cuix into my enterprise.cuix, all the MEP based command Icons are missing are are replaced by question marks.

I located the mep.dll and placed it in the same folder as the enterprise cuix, and also tried renaming it to match the enterprise.cuix name, but that still did not work....

Any suggestions?

Thanks Much,
    Marcus

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Missing MEP 2012 Ribbon Icons

A cuix like MEP.cuix will look for icons in a same name dll file like mep.dll, there is no way to set your.cuix to look in mep.dll for icons, though you can copy mep.dll to your.dll although I wouldn't recomend it. Are you just interested in the icons or are you adding the MEP commands? Is it a company version of MEP.cuix?

Login to Give a bone

It is for a company version to be set as the enterprise CUIX file. We would like to develop our own ribbon using the items found in the stock interface but just arranged differently. If I could do it without modifying the default one (i.e. transfer/copy items from the stock mep.cuix to the comapny cuix and then make it a partial to the mep.CUIX which would be main enterprise interface file) then I would not need to rebuild the company's ribbon interface with every future upgrade.

At least that was the intention... to get around this, I've been just modifying the deafult mep.cuix... If the mep tools exist in any other file, the tool icon seem to get lost... but it would be nice if I could resolve it! I know there has got to be a way...

Login to Give a bone

Is the desired level of customization not possible through a customized WORKSPACE?

Consider using MEP.CUIx as your Main CUIx, then create your Enterprise CUIx from an empty CUIx, only containing items specific to your company (don't duplicate, or copy over any stock items). Then configure the desired workspace from Enterprise CUIx, which will properly reference all CUIx components without the need for all of the added work on your part. Just saying.

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Also FWIW, here's a shameless plug for an Autodesk University course I found helpful when learning to manage CUI(x) for our deployments (direct link to PDF):

A Working Enterprise CUI In Front of Your Eyes
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000