See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: multileader

Login to Give a bone

Default multileader

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default leader connection in multileader contents to middle of text for both left & right horizontal attachment.

Regards
    JohnB

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: multileader

Yes. It's in your Multileader Style Manager Content tab (Leader connection):

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Thanks fot the reply.
    I know that, what I want to do is permanently change it so I do not have to keep resetting
    it for each drawing. I always want it to be middle of the text.

regards
    JohnB

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, you can do this a couple of different ways.

1) Setup the mleaders in your default template with the options you desire.
    2) Write (or find) a lisp routine that you can modify for your settings and run it after opening a drawing.

There are probably others too, but I know option 2 works as that's the way I did it for my department and there are pieces of my routine here in the forum. I've heard of option 1 working, but I've yet to go through that process since I have a way to get things working.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by john.buckerfield View Post
    Thanks fot the reply.
    I know that, what I want to do is permanently change it so I do not have to keep resetting
    it for each drawing. I always want it to be middle of the text.

regards
    JohnB
    From the Dept of Redundancy Dept... not to step on bly's toes...

That's easy too. Set up the style and save it as part of a DWT (template) file. As long as you always use that (or some other DWT file) to start your drawing you'll always have this setup. That's the beauty of template files, they hold ALL of your presets... annotation text styles, dimensioning styles, mleader and table styles. They can contain your title blocks, units, oft used custom fields, even a few blocks if you want them, the whole lot. Build a few good DWT files and everything you want will always be right at hand.

I just assumed you were already working with a drawing that started with a template. My bad.

Dave.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by heinsite View Post
    From the Dept of Redundancy Dept... not to step on bly's toes...

That's easy too. Set up the style and save it as part of a DWT (template) file. As long as you always use that (or some other DWT file) to start your drawing you'll always have this setup. That's the beauty of template files, they hold ALL of your presets... annotation text styles, dimensioning styles, mleader and table styles. They can contain your title blocks, units, oft used custom fields, even a few blocks if you want them, the whole lot. Build a few good DWT files and everything you want will always be right at hand.

I just assumed you were already working with a drawing that started with a template. My bad.

Dave.
    Wouldn't that really only help if you're creating new drawings though? What if you primarily work on existing drawings?

I checked help for a system variable that held or controlled this setting so it could be toggled on startup, but, haven't been able to find one...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

All AUGI, all the time gfreddog's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Wouldn't that really only help if you're creating new drawings though? What if you primarily work on existing drawings?

I checked help for a system variable that held or controlled this setting so it could be toggled on startup, but, haven't been able to find one...
    The way I have done that in the past is set up the Multi-Leader Style in my Template.

Then I use it in the Template and drag that onto my Tool Palette I have called Set Up. I can then even assign which Layer I want it on.

We network our Tool Palettes so now that Multi-leader Style is now available to the other users as well.

Hope that helps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post

That's kind of the way I interpreted the second of the OP's original posts... a way to set the leader up so it wouldn't have to be changed in every (new) drawing. Starting work with a DWT solves that in full.

I agree, there isn't a way to modify existing leaders - they'd have to be changed by hand. Design Center could speed that up to some extent by getting a correct style in from another file such as that DWT.

Dave.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Drag the MLEADER from Design Center of your saved Template file.

Hmm - Can't drag and drop to a Toll Palette here - but it is late

All AUGI, all the time gfreddog's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by clshade View Post
    Drag the MLEADER from Design Center of your saved Template file.

Hmm - Can't drag and drop to a Toll Palette here - but it is late
    The way I have been able to do it in AutoCAD 2010 MEP, AutoCAD 2011, and AutoCAD 2012 Vanilla is to draw a leader in the style you want, grab and drag to the Tool Palette.

Also to convert an old drawing I click the Multileader set up in the Tool Palette, and draw a leader in the old drawing to be updated. Then I use Match Prop or select all of the Multileaders I want to update and using the Properties Palette I change their Style. (Works most times)

Hope that helps