Thread: Library part lengths

Login to Give a bone

Default Library part lengths

I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate the length of parts that I import from the library like pipe. It has a starting and stopping plan that will allow you to edit the dimension. Initially when I go into the edit, it will show a code of some sort like G_OFFSET_END + B_L. What does this mean and how can I use it? I have been overwriting this entering hard dimensions on one end of the planes to get my appropriate length required.

When I enter a standard dimension into one of these fields I have to fiddle with it several times in order reflect the appropriate part in the drawing. Sometimes it resets, like when I re-open the drawing, and I have to enter the dimension again.

Some parts that come out of the library aren't working with 2 offset planes for the length. They work from an extrusion. When I open the part, of this sort, and want to edit the length of the part it confuses me. When looking at the parts extrusion feature, it has an "L" in the length area. How should I be editing this length if it needs to change? Should I some how edit the part in the assembly, or by deleting the "L", in the part drawing feature, and entering a dimension?

I've had a hard time understanding the whole length of parts that come from the library, and how I need to manipulate them to get the right length if change is needed. Hope someone can explain the length better for me.

Thanks for any replies.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Library part lengths

It sounds like you are looking at a part that is destined to be used by the Frame Generator.

Here are a few useful links, tak a read and come back to me if you have any questions:
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9242016
    http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/inventor...tutorial-11245