Thread: Sampled source keeps disappearing

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Sampled source keeps disappearing

In my section views drawing, I sample my corridor, which will show up in the section views.

However, when I save the drawing (maybe the first time, maybe the umpteenth time), I will get an error during save, with the warning to do a recover. When I reopen the drawing, the corridor I sampled has disappeared.

I sometimes get one error when I audit (AcDbSpatialIndex(A6ACF) was repaired), before or after sampling the corridor. It fixes during audit.

But the error keeps repeating.

Just for info, the corridor drawing is xref'ed in, and that drawing had no errors during audit.

Any thoughts?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sampled source keeps disappearing

What is the seting for your INDEXCTL?

Are you working locally or saving to a server?

If you move the data locally, does the error appear?

Have you filed a support request through your reseller? (not that they readily produce measurable results)

Login to Give a bone

You say you tried an audit. Have you recovered the drawing? Recover will some times find more errors than audit on a corrupt drawing.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Boy do I miss the days of being able to use a MAP query against files thaat were exhibiting problems.
    Through the query process MAP would clean up errors that neither audit or recover could touch.
    Sadly MAP will not interact with any of the Civil 3D objects, so this path is lost to us.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Sorry all, I was unable to pay attention to this issue for a little bit.

I have INDEXCTL = 3 and DEMANDLOAD = 3.

I am working off a network drive. I tried to work off the desktop locally, and it failed at the first save. So, that didn't matter either.

I have not filed a support request. As you said, the last several times I have for other problems, they've been unable to duplicate the problem or give me an answer. So, unless I can duplicate it, I don't even bother trying anymore unless I can duplicate it faithfully.

I have run RECOVER, and that never works either.

I've already gone in once and recreated the entire drawing from the start, in case the file itself had a deep seated corruption - so don't suggest to redo the drawing. It doesn't work either.

For reference, this particular drawing is relatively large. 10 MB, 600 sample lines, 2.5 miles, a lot of projected objects and feature lines. Alignments are data referenced, and corridor is xref'ed. But, in my opinion, this should be well within its capabilities.

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts so far. I hope you'll keep on it with me.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I can provide FTP information for you to send the file my way.

Login to Give a bone

I would also love to hear how this is resolved. As stated the resellers have been of no assistance and this error occurs more times than not here in my office. Recreating the drawing to produce sections is not too bad when it is a small (less than a mile) project, but this error just hit me on an 8.3mi corridor.
    Just to reiterate: New file, Xref in Corridor, Data ref alignment, create sample lines and plot out section views. Once this file is created hit save and get the infamous "you must recover this file". Go back into the file and the sample lines have lost section sources.

Same settings as original poster, we are running Civil 3D 2014.

Thanks for any assistance.

Login to Give a bone

Is corridor xref'ed as Attach - not Overlay? I get error at 'save' often enough (with other drawings too) but audit and recover never find a problem. Have not lost cross sections though.