Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 available through subscription, but unable to install

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2013 available through subscription, but unable to install

Does anyone happen to know when Revit 2013 is going to be available for download, or more importantly - product keys and serial numbers be available at the education community for pick-up?

Login to Give a bone

5.59 GB download for the English version WOW!!!!!! I mean seriously, how has it gotten so incredibly bloated, even over last year's download?? The German and Japanese downloads are "only" 3.0 GB, wonder why there's such a large size difference?

Login to Give a bone

I had the same problem. And I just got a new PC at the same time.

So the new PC comes loaded with all the usual crapware, and recovery partition and all that. After multiple unsuccessful revit installs I wiped the OEM windows system, and loaded a nice vanilla version of windows 7 from a nice generic CD.

After that, I was able to install, and my version of Quickbooks 2005 also installed, and it would not on the OEM Windows install.

So there it is, my favorite trouble-shooting advice: load a fresh copy of windows and everything will be fine.

Login to Give a bone

So I received the DVD yesterday...tried an install, error, stopped at 5 of 10, (no customizations or additions), downloaded file from subscription center, same thing. What do you think, I should reload Windows? The error:Failed to open XML file C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\ContentService\Connect.Client.Config, System Error: -2147024891. This directory doesn't even exist. And this is one of several seats I'm managing. Give me strength!

Login to Give a bone

Anyone see faster than usual download speeds from Subscription? Right now it's going at 16-17 MB/sec, which means only about 15 minutes left to get the remaining 75% of the file! I remember last year when downloading 2012 it seemed to take well over an hour.

*edit* n/m it says 16 MB/sec but it's nowhere close to that. Looking at the actual amount downloaded it's going maybe 2-3 MB/sec. Stupid ADSK Download Manager

Login to Give a bone

I didn't actually time it this year, but, I have to admit I was impressed with how fast it downloaded, compared to wasting all day waiting for it last time. I went for coffee, chatted with a coworker, and it was finished. (RME and AMEP)
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mikitect View Post
    So I received the DVD yesterday...tried an install, error, stopped at 5 of 10, (no customizations or additions), downloaded file from subscription center, same thing. What do you think, I should reload Windows? The error:Failed to open XML file C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\ContentService\Connect.Client.Config, System Error: -2147024891. This directory doesn't even exist. And this is one of several seats I'm managing. Give me strength!
    As far as re-loading Windows: You will never know until you try. Sometimes you can spend more time trouble-shooting than it would take to bite the bullet and do a clean install. (it worked for me).

Login to Give a bone

Same problem for me on the Revit MEP 2013 install, hangs up half way through, have to use task manager to stop everything. I installed AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD MEP 2013 without any problems but Revit MEP is testing my patience. Have spent multiple hours online and on the phone with Subscription Support, and so far nothing has worked.

Login to Give a bone

To all...there is a better way. Go into subscription center and edit your profile to receive the boxed version next time. I'd much rather have a disc than relying on these downloads.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by durentech View Post
    To all...there is a better way. Go into subscription center and edit your profile to receive the boxed version next time. I'd much rather have a disc than relying on these downloads.
    I have the boxed version and it does the same thing I have been at 4 of 7 for 14 hours. I cleaned up everything rebooted and tried again. I am stuck at 4 of 7.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast