Thread: MEP 2012 Various issues

Login to Give a bone

Default MEP 2012 Various issues

So I've been cautiously upgrading our CAD guys workstations to 2012 over the past few weeks and they are seeing some odd issues, just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.
    One workstation is not able to link an excel table via the pastespecial command (AutoCAD Entities option is just not there), on another workstation the Places icons are messed up in the file browser window and sometimes the file view is just blank, on another workstation the layer manager seems to be disassociated from the drawing and changes that you make in it have no effect (the pulldown layer list from the home tab in the ribbon still works though), and on another workstation the cursor disappears at random intervals and the program has to be restarted.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2012 Various issues

I'm having random Issues as well. Mostly with text and Mutiline Attributes. But here are somethings that may be able to help.

The Paste Special: Save the file you are linking first. Ive had that weird issues come up. Save, Copy, Save again to be sure, Then paste Special. You can link it directly through tables. Home tab, Annotation Panel, Table pull down, Select "Table". It will link as a Autocad Entity.

The Places Icon: Check your profile in options. Some of the settings in "Open and Save" tab could be unchecked or a missing support path. Export the Profile of a machine not having that problem and import into the machine that is, or compare settings. Places are stored. There needs to be a maintained path.

The missing Icon: You need a better video card, mine does it all the time. Also if you are coming out of block editor, almost always happens. got nothing for you but there is a hot fix you need for block editor on autodesk website.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2012 Various issues

We've just recently had AutoCAD MEP 2012 installed for an upcoming project (never used it before), so I appreciate you guys posting - these are things I'll keep an eye out for.

Cheers!
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000