See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Questions for an AutoCAD user....

Login to Give a bone

Question Questions for an AutoCAD user....

Please help me out~!!! Anything anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Name:
    Q1: When do you use CAD in the production process (e.g.preliminary design, design development, etc.)?
    Q2: What types of standardization do you use?
    Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that CADbrings to your practice?
    Q4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as itis used for reading construction documents? Ask the interviewee to provide logicalexamples to support your answer.
    Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what arethe advantages of doing this? If you did not use model space and paper space,what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do youforesee if you have to go back and edit these?
    Q1: Do you often times have to take refreshercourses for the newer versions of AutoCAD? Or are you able to easily change with each new version on your own?
    Q2: I am interested to learn all that AutoCADhas to teach and it seems like there is so much more to it, would you recommenda place to take more classes in this area of study?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Questions for an AutoCAD user....

Q1: Do you often times have to take refreshercourses for the newer versions of AutoCAD? Or are you able to easily change with each new version on your own?
    Q2: I am interested to learn all that AutoCADhas to teach and it seems like there is so much more to it, would you recommenda place to take more classes in this area of study?
    Q1: When I was younger, I used to go to demos our local software reseller (VAR) put on, to learn about the new features.
    Then I discovered there are places like AUGI, where the members might actually know more than the folks who sell me my software. So, I started learning about new features through articles in AUGIWorld Magazine, and then on blogs. Now, I do beta-testing for Autodesk every year, and I teach myself the new features.
    Q2: The best way to learn the ins and outs of AutoCAD is to use it for work. If you have questions, go to user forums like this one, and you'll hear all sorts of interesting work-arounds and custom programs that you might not find in most books or in a class.
    And, if you can have your company pay for it, attend Autodesk University. There are industry-specific classes there, taught by the best in the business, good for always reminding even the old daugs how much we still have to learn.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Thanks a lot! We were to ask these questions for an assignment in our AutoCAD class in AI, so your help was very much needed and welcome. Thanks again!

Login to Give a bone

If you have a moment and have been using AutoCAD for a long time where you could help me answer a few questions, please email me at : soldierlover28@aol.com. Thank you very much for your time!

Login to Give a bone

I am requesting an interview with an AutoCAD user. Is there someone available and willing to help me out?

Login to Give a bone

Please stop creating duplicate threads for your interview demand... Oh, umm... I mean request.

FWIW - A well written, and clearly understood post will yield for more, helpful responses than one that is not. Just saying.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by soldierlover28146536 View Post
    Please help me out~!!! Anything anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated!!!
    There are a whole bunch of threads here asking the same questions, you should do a search.Here are the answers I have time to give right now, good luck.Name: Ted GouletLocation: Southern MaineProfession: Senior Structural CAD DesignerQ1: When do you use CAD in the production process (e.g.preliminary design, design development, etc.)? From Concept to Construction DocumentsQ2: What types of standardization do you use? Mostly National Cad Standards (NCS 4.0)Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that CAD brings to your practice? Advantages: Accurate, VersitileQ4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? Ask the interviewee to provide logical examples to support your answer.Yes it is designed to be used for "Designing", not really used for "reading construction documents", that is what TrueView is for. AutoCAD is wonderful for designing just about anything in civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical engineering, Architecture, Shop Drawings, Sketches, Graphic Design, just about anything!Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what arethe advantages of doing this? If you did not use model space and paper space,what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do youforesee if you have to go back and edit these? Yes, good for batch plotting the actual sheet size and not having to deal with different scales. Q6: Do you often times have to take refreshercourses for the newer versions of AutoCAD? Or are you able to easily change with each new version on your own? No refesher courses, just read up in help, or experiment, or read about new stuff here in AUGI. Autodesk tries to keep what you have and give you more stuff. For long time power users, we tend to rely on legacy commands and tools, while utiliziing the new stuff we have been wishing for.Q7: I am interested to learn all that AutoCAD has to teach and it seems like there is so much more to it, would you recommend a place to take more classes in this area of study? Local Community College, or Adult Education are two great places to start