Thread: What's new in ASD_2013

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default What's new in ASD_2013

I downloaded trial version for ASD_2013 from autodesk site (United Kingdom), so can anyone tell me what is new in this version because i cant see nothing new????

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What's new in ASD_2013

Well, here's something new. I just received my Revit Structure Suite 2013 from Autodesk which comes with just two discs now...Revit Structure 2013 and ASD 2013. On the ASD 2013 disc it lists ASD 2013 as well as AutoCAD 2013. When you go to install the products there is no longer an option to install both ASD 2013 and AutoCAD 2013 (separate launch icons as was the case in 2011 and 2012). Now you get a single launch icon for ASD 2013 only. I'm mad as hell about this!! I'm primarily an AutoCAD user and only did a crossgrade to Revit Structure Suite 2010 after reading the online documentation which says you get (3) programs...AutoCAD, ASD and Revit Structure. In 2010 I got (3) discs, in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 just (2) discs. And now in 2013 you can't install AutoCAD as a separate program. and furthermore, if you try to download and install an AutoCAD service pack you'll get a message saying that no version of AutoCAD was found on your computer.

Has anyone else been able to run the ASD 2013 installation disc and had an option to also install AutoCAD 2013 as a separte icon???

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by partikov.mile885757 View Post
    I downloaded trial version for ASD_2013 from autodesk site (United Kingdom), so can anyone tell me what is new in this version because i cant see nothing new????
    I can tell you what's new - it crashes less it does automatic positioning as I had file wich 2012 couldn't handle....
    although, then exporting layout to model it crashes (RAM goes to 6GB) as it was in previous version... well I can avoid that by putting view as a block to printout...
    and after update of Group, viewports scatters again...

what else?! - I guess nothing

Login to Give a bone

also new experience - started to use ASD 2013, I saved model as 2010 autocad format, but it can't be opened with ASD 2012 - it crashes than trying to open it.
    and export layouts to model doesnt work, FATAL error always

Login to Give a bone

great! - export of layouts to model began to work - I'm very happy, but... try this - after export click on open dwg drawing, after opening get back to your 3D file and I am suprised - there are only few assemblies left, all other members were seperated! should I create all assemblies from the begining?! but it happened with asd2012 also, so maybe it's not a new thing....

Login to Give a bone

you can copy the vanilla 2013 launch icon from the programs directory and put on desktop to bypass ASD format.
    go to ..start ..all programs .. autodesk... autocad stru detail 2013.. and van 2013 icon is in that directory. hope that helps... I;m mad as hell there is no imperial units with formworks... cringe...

Login to Give a bone

Hey crodriquez,

If you haven't already seen it check out my posts in Autodesk Discussion Groups/Revit Structure in your thread entitled "Revit 2013/autocad structural detailing???"

Looks like we're both searching for answers from Autodesk but can't get any satisfaction. Hope you didn't get your ASD 2013 as part of Revit Structure Suite 2013. I'm mad as hell too! Wish there were more out there complaining.