I'm primarily an AutoCAD user but purchased Revit Structure Suite 2010 as a crossgrade from AutoCAD 2005. The online documentation said I'd still get AutoCAD 2010but also ASD 2010 and Revit Structure 2010, which I did at the time. I pay $750/year to remain on subscription. When Revit Structure Suite 2011 came out there was no longer a separate disc for installing AutoCAD 2011...instead Autodesk combined AutoCAD 2011 with ASD 2011 on one installation disc with an option to install both during the installation process. Autodesk did the same in 2012. The AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 that I installed are not recognized as AutoCAD when trying to install service packs...what you actually have is ASD and you must wait for an ASD service pack before you can update your AutoCAD. Very annoying as I was under the impression the Suite would always provide the latest version of AutoCAD each year. I felt duped!!!

So yesterday I received my boxed copy of Revit Structure suite 2013...still just (2) installation discs but now Autodesk has decided I no longer will be able to install a separate launch icon for AutoCAD 2013. The disc for ASD 2013 lists both ASD 2013 and AutoCAD 2013 but when you go to install it there is NO option to install AutoCAD 2013...just ASD 2013 and Autodesk Design Review 2013. This is FRAUD pure and simple!!! Autodesk, I'll decide which programs I choose to install and which i do not choose to install. I have no use for ASD 2013 and have NEVER used ASD in the previous years. I don't even use Revit Structure but at least it actually loads with a separate disc.

I was promised (3) separate programs with the 2010 version and now I've been stripped of my primary business application...AutoCAD!. Autodesk will tell you ASD 2013 is built on the AutoCAD platform and it is a vertical product of AutoCAD. If that's so why doesn't Autodesk recognize it as AutoCAD? It doesn't...you now have ASD 2013 and won't get any hot fixes or service packs unless you wait for Autodesk to put one out for ASD 2013. Freakin' crooks!!!