Thread: MVSETUP

Login to Give a bone

Default MVSETUP

i was trying to use mvsetup for managing my viewport view but encountered error 'cant find ACADAPP'
    any help appreciated. thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MVSETUP

Hmm, I would have just suggested a Repair Install, but, after a quick search, it appears it may possibly be more of a pain than that...

I cannot find the issue number the user gave in the autodesk knowledge-base though...
    This error occurs when AutoCAD cannot find the acadapp.arx file due to a corrupt Windows registry or portion of the hard disk where this file
    resides. The acadapp.arx file contains a variety of functions required by AutoCAD, as well as ObjectARX and ADS applications.

To troubleshoot the cause of this error message:
    From the Tools menu, choose Options.
    In the Options dialog box, select the Open and Save tab. Make sure that Object Detect and Command Invoke is elected from the Demand Load ARX Apps
    drop-down menu.
    Check that the support paths in the Options dialog box contain the folder where acadapp.arx is located Copy the acadapp.arx file from the AutoCAD Installation CD to the hard drive to overwrite the existing acadapp.arx file.

Check for another acadapp.arx file on the hard drive by using the Find Files or Folders tool in Windows Explorer. If another acadapp.arx file is found,
    make sure that AutoCAD cannot find this file in its search path.

If the error recurs, it is possible that a corrupt registry key in the Windows registry is the cause. If this is the case, you need to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD.

Before you uninstall AutoCAD, save any menu files, AutoLISP® files, and any other customized files to a temporary directory. Before you reinstall
    AutoCAD, reboot the computer and completely remove any directories that remain after uninstalling AutoCAD.
    Important: When you reinstall AutoCAD, make sure you reinstall the application to a new directory. If a corrupt registry is the cause of the
    error, then installing AutoCAD into a new directory will resolve the problem.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by norman.oconnor680199 View Post
    i was trying to use mvsetup for managing my viewport view but encountered error 'cant find ACADAPP'
    any help appreciated. thanks.
    Windows search cannot find ACADAPP.ARX on my machine which has three acad versions installed!
    I think you need ACAPP.ARX which should be in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\(software and version)\

Login to Give a bone

Unless things changed over the last few versions (I doubt it with this old command) when you run the MVSET command the first time it creates the ACADAPP file in a Administrators folder, you need FULL administrator rights to create that file. IOW you need to log on as ADMINISTRATOR and run it once, after that any user can use the command. I had this same problem in a lab at the college I taught at.