Thread: label points at an offset from alignment showing stat, offset, and description

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default label points at an offset from alignment showing stat, offset, and description

I am trying to label points with an offset from centerline showing station, offset and description from survey point information. See attached file with red clouded area showing how I need it to look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: label points at an offset from alignment showing stat, offset, and description

reference text from the cogo point

the rest is just formatting

i think there is also a tool in SINCPAK that does this for you

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: label points at an offset from alignment showing stat, offset, and description

Hello mwagner,

Did you ever figure a way to get the station and offset of a point in a text string? I would like to do the same thing and don't know how.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Think of it as an alignment label that labels the offset and sta. at the location of a point while also being able to access the description of that point. As mjfarrell stated, this is done by adding a 'reference text' component to the label. In this case the reference text would be for a 'cogo point' and set to access its description.

Login to Give a bone

I'm getting the station and offset to work but the reference text for the description is not working. It gives me ??? when I label a point.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Check the properties of the label and you should see a section for the reference text object to be listed. A label that was placed before the text reference was part of the label style will not have this object selected as it is part of the label placement process. You can fix it though by entering in the point number.

When I used the label style to label a offset/sta with a text ref. to a cogo point the process required 3 selections, one for the station location, one for the offset location, and a third to select the cogo point. (all 3 are the same location) That third selection is what sets the text reference object for that label.

Note: if you continue on to an additional point the process holds on the point number of the first selected label and will use it for subsequent labels. ESC, then spacebar will restart the process and allow for a unique point to be selected for each new label. Not the greatest but workable.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, MMccall.