Thread: unexpected alignment renaming?

Login to Give a bone

Default unexpected alignment renaming?

Yesterday, when I went home, I had two alignments in my base file, BWLK-C1, and BWLK-E-C1, proposed and existing. I had set up data shortcuts, and datareferenced them into several sheet files. All worked.

This morning, BWLK-E-C1 has a new name in the base file, BWLK-E-C1(1) - so naturally all the datareferences are broken.

I have done nothing with that alignment since it was created (after all, it's the CL of the existing boardwalk - so can't change geometry) other than change the style. WTF would cause the name to change like that.

I did try manually renaming it back, and got a message that the name was in use - but it does not show up in prospector in the base design file.

??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: unexpected alignment renaming?

Based on the naming convention of the new alignment it appears that your alignment was copied in the base file. I cannot explain why the original alignment does not show up in the prospector. Have you run an audit on the base file? Does the alignment still exist in the drawing but not in the prospector?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

would the reason for Civil 3d not letting you rename the alignment manually have to do with that it sees that name already in the data shortcuts? i'm wondering if you removed the alignment from the data shortcuts list then tried renaming the alignment if it would let you? if so, add back to the data shortcuts and then update the broken link in your reference drawings. just a thought.

Login to Give a bone

That was worth a try, but did not matter -- I still could not rename the Bwlk-E-C(1) to Bwlk-E-C1 -- C3d still thinks it's a duplicate name

Audit shows no problems, and the alignement exists in the drawing under the new (wrong) name, and the old (correct) name showed up in Prospector as a data shortcut, but the wrong name in the active drawing