Thread: Data Shortcuts setup problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Data Shortcuts setup problem

I am following directions to create Data Shortcuts for alignments and surfaces for my project. I hope to use the same align in 2 different sites within my own dwg and share the aligns/surfaces with my CAD designer, others.

Under Data Shortcuts on the Prospector tab, I set my working folder to one level up from where my drawing is located. Could I have set this anywhere? Should it be where my drawing is located? I'm working on it in a temp location for now until the project files are set up by my CAD designer. (He's behind me, I already need to work on prelim design.)

I set the same folder in Options - Files tab - Project Files Search Path - it's called "Project1" (default name).

But then when I go to the next step back on Prospector Tab - Data Shortcuts, right-click to "Associate Project to Current Drawing", there is only <None> in the Select Project drop-down. I expected the project name from the Options - Project Files Search Path to be there?

Is there a particular path I must choose? I created the _DataShortcuts, etc. sub-folders manually in My Computer. Am I not supposed to do that? I assume I can move these later. Just trying to initiate the setup right now.

What am I doing wrong?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Data Shortcuts setup problem

You must first create the New Data Shortcuts Project Folder from the Prospector Tab
    This is not something one does using Explorer.
    Then you can do the other Data Shortcut related tasks.