Thread: Door Schedule Calculated Values - Issues!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Door Schedule Calculated Values - Issues!!

I have searched and searched and found minimal information that helps me so I'm going to give this a shot.

I have created a SuperDoor and this door uses frame and panel families that are loaded into the project (not nested into the Door family). Some of my frames include Transom Glazing. This is where I'm having a problem.

My parameter for the Transom Glazing height includes the whole width of the Frame Head as well as the Head of the door. This is the only way we could get the frames to flex properly, so reporting this height is not entirely accurate. As a work around, I have created a second parameter called Transom DLO (day light opening) which reports the glazing height not including the frame thickness.

All of my shared parameters are loaded into my door family and linked to the frame parameters. When I have a door and frame without a Transom, I end up with a "Transom DLO" value of -132 (50 + 50+ 16 + 16 = total width of 2 Frames). Obviously showing a Transom DLO of -132 is not great, so I created a Calculated Value to replace the Transom DLO.

My Formula looks something like this: IF(Transom DLO<1, " ", Transom DLO)
    so that if the DLO is reporting below 1, I want only a space to display(or I'd even settle for a Dash "-"). And if it is above 1, then the DLO value will display.
    (see a pic of my sample schedule)DoorSched.jpg

I guess my question is "What am I doing wrong"? Am I even able to do this simple formula?! I have tried creating it as a Text Formula, an Integer, a Number but with the same "Improper use of boolean expressions".
    Am I doomed to always show a negative number in my schedule? Because i'm not really cool with that!!

Thanks in advance!! (I have a sinking suspicion that I am doomed)

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule Calculated Values - Issues!!

Maria,
    Can you upload the family here (or send it to me at Summit, you should have my e-mail) and I can take a look.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule Calculated Values - Issues!!

I have uploaded the file. The single door includes a basic frame and 1 panel. I have also included a frame that has a transom. Just load both into a project and change the Door Frame Type in the type properties to PS-WA-F. Thanks Dimitri!
    HIP_Single_Door_V11.rfa
    PS-WA-F.rfa