Thread: Layers frozen in viewport still display, still plot

Login to Give a bone

Default Layers frozen in viewport still display, still plot

Working in Civil 3D 2011, layers which are frozen in a Layout tab view port still display and still plot. This appears to apply to entities in the current drawing, referenced drawings and referenced images. The only way to prevent the layer from plotting in the Layout tab is to freeze it in Model Space, or make the layer "no plot". Anything on the frozen layer cannot be selected within the view port, but still displays and plots. Within the view port, LAYFRZ command freezes the layer in model space, but still shows as thawed in the VP Freeze column in the Layer Properties Manager. It always used to be the other way around. The display and plot problem may be limited to random drawings, not necessarily all. Help?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Layers frozen in viewport still display, still plot

try AUDIT on the problem drawings.. Alternatively, delete the problem viewports, and recreate them. there seems to be recurring problems with paperspace viewports losing track of what the layer settings/overrides are. I have'nt run into it myself, but there have been multiple reports that deleting the old viewport and making a new one fix layer display and selection issues.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Any possibility of anything drawn on Defpoints (including VPorts)? There should be nothing but Dimension Definition nodes on Defpoints! Is any of Defpoins or 0 off/frozen/locked/vpfrozen?

Login to Give a bone

Check the Defpoints layer is something I always tell co-workers when they have a problem. I'd made that mistake myself and learned from it. HOWEVER, I was not prepared to recognize 2 identical, overlapping viewports. I discovered the overlap while following the suggestion to delete the old viewport. Another lesson learned. Thank you.

I still haven't figured out why the LAYFRZ command isn't working properly. Maybe, like other frustrations, the command is not compatible with Windows 7. Not really, but I have to blame something.