Thread: Paper Space Dims Issue

Login to Give a bone

Default Paper Space Dims Issue

ACA2012
    The Office staff and I have decided to 'reinvent'/evolve the way we go about working lately. One of the things we've decided to change is the way we go about annotating our drawings. What we call 'Architecture is in model space vut everything else (text, notes and Dims) is now in Paper Space. Which prevents us from dealing with annotations we don't want in other drawings (we use Xrefs alot).

In theory, we love this solution for multiple reasons. In practice it's a whole different story: A lot of my colleagues (most) have difficulties dimensioning their work. MAYBE 33% of every dims works (gives the actual dimension of objects in model space). So we have to get at least one dim to work and then copy it everywhere. This is getting frustrating fast!

A solution that worked for about 5 minutes was to regen the drawing before dimensioning. So obviously this isn’t a solution at all.

Dimassoc is always set to 2, and therefore should create associative dims, but sadly, they are not.

I have noticed that most of our issues come from dimensioning AEC objects (walls, doors, windows). It's as if ACA doesn't understand that AEC objects are actually in Model Space and consequently gives Paper Space dimensions.

If anyone has ANY clue as to what the problem might be, please don’t be shy!

Cheers!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Paper Space Dims Issue

Make sure that the NODe osnap is not on. Pick e.g. a modelspace ENDpoint for each location.
    If you pick three points for the first dimension then accidently pick the first dimension when placing the second, you get a paperspace distance.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    Make sure that the NODe osnap is not on. Pick e.g. a modelspace ENDpoint for each location.
    If you pick three points for the first dimension then accidently pick the first dimension when placing the second, you get a paperspace distance.
    In such case I always use DC (DimContinue) instead of making a new DimLinear, don't need to worry about the 1st point as it always uses the same as was used when you created the previous dim's last point. Not to mention, adding extra dims is now only a one click operation (instead of 3).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    In such case I always use DC (DimContinue) instead of making a new DimLinear, don't need to worry about the 1st point as it always uses the same as was used when you created the previous dim's last point. Not to mention, adding extra dims is now only a one click operation (instead of 3).
    I never use DimContinue because, years ago, even before paperspace, it didn't reliably do what I needed. ~shrug~ But some things do change for the better.