Thread: Non-90° Pipe Elbow Appearance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Non-90° Pipe Elbow Appearance

As most of you have done, a while back I setup our pipe elbows with model lines for the medium/fine detail levels to show the elbows squared off instead of rounded like Revit does OOTB. Everything has been working fine for the 90° elbows, but the other angles aren't showing up right. For say a 135° elbow, the legs inside the elbow look more like a check mark than two equal line segments in line with the pipe. Fine detail looks normal with the double wall pipe fitting. See screenshot and/or the attached family for a better idea of whats going on. What am I missing here - do I have one of the trig functions crossed up or something?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non-90° Pipe Elbow Appearance

Your constraints are just a bit whacky. For some reason I can't upload the modified family (maybe due to IT restrictions).

What I did was delete the two main lines (not the ticks) and redrew them. I constrained (locked) them to the angle reference planes and dragged the end points to the intersection of the tick and reference plane. Works like a dream now.

Matt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non-90° Pipe Elbow Appearance

Thanks for the help... it took me a couple days to get back to looking at this.

It was a constraints problem. I had to play with it for a while, but did manage to get it working. I think part of the problem was the family was using 90deg. as the "default" elbow when editing it, so some of the reference planes and such overlap. Right now the end of one of the lines is very slightly offset from the middle of the tick mark - actually centering it was causing behavior similar to the original problem.

In any case... thought I would post the edited family in case anyone stumbles across this in the future.
    Attached Files Attached Files