Thread: Room Signage Schedule Problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Room Signage Schedule Problem

I'm experiencing an issue where my signage schedule will not fully populate with room number and names. I'm using a specialty equipment family as my sign with a signage anchor extending into the room. It's a few rooms that aren't filling the schedule, the majority are working fine.

The walls, rooms, etc are a linked model. My model is strictly an Interior model - signage, finishes, etc.

Thoughts to what could be causing this?
    Thank you
    T
    Attached Images Attached Images

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Room Signage Schedule Problem

The origin of the family needs to on or inside the boundary of a room to be detected. Have you built the family so it can be "inside" the room yet show up outside on the wall in

Login to Give a bone

The family (attached) is built with a symbolic line representing the wall mounted signage with a model line offset with an instance parameter so I can adjust as needed throughout the rooms. The model line (signage anchor) typically is 4-8 feet into the room. When I move the entire family into the room it still won't populate the room number and name in the schedule. Weird thing though when I pull the signage anchor outside of the room and flush to the wall it will populate the schedule with that room - the corridor.

Can't for the life of me figure out why only certain rooms aren't working.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I failed to notice that you are linking the wall and rooms. Try to put a room in the same spot, see if it does so without an error. I suspect that it won't. I think that there might be an error in the room boundary in the link?

Login to Give a bone

Adding rooms does give an error. So I opened the linked model, loaded my signage family and it populated the specialty equip schedule that aren't generating in my model. Pretty strange. I'll keep looking at both models but I'm wondering if the issue is being caused by my model? This is the first project we've ever linked in another Architect's model.
    Thanks for the help Steve - let me know if you think of anything else
    Tim

Login to Give a bone

Well...I wouldn't have expected any rooms to show up in your model (in the schedule) if the rooms are just in the link. As far as I know equipment can only report the room information if they reside in the same file. Have you added rooms to match those in the architecture model you've linked in? If so then the rooms you've placed in the locations that aren't working aren't getting properly defined, thus the schedule can't report their value.

Login to Give a bone

I am able to schedule specialty equipment from the linked model rooms. Once I checked room boundary for the link I was able to schedule. I had to create additional rooms in my model for our finish plan/schedule. I just unchecked the link model room boundary, placed some room boundary lines with my new rooms and moved the origin of the signage inside the boundary now it schedules. You mentioned doing this in your first response and I must have stupidly dismissed it. Funny I tried this before just didn't set the origin inside the boundary. Guess I thought the anchor would take care of that.

Still can't explain why the linked model equip sched almost fully worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images