Thread: low memory

Login to Give a bone

Default low memory

i have been having come issues with memory on some very large assemblies. I have done all the tips and tricks to boost the ram on the computer, simplify the assembly to decrease the load on the computer, and have resorted to suppressing parts to also help. But alas, I still about every hour of work I have to close down and restart. I have used pro-e in the past and there is a memory dump button that will clear the virtual memory to allow you to work longer without closing down.

Thanks inventor world.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: low memory

Quote Originally Posted by stephentaylor33782934 View Post
    i have been having come issues with memory on some very large assemblies. I have done all the tips and tricks to boost the ram on the computer, simplify the assembly to decrease the load on the computer, and have resorted to suppressing parts to also help. But alas, I still about every hour of work I have to close down and restart. I have used pro-e in the past and there is a memory dump button that will clear the virtual memory to allow you to work longer without closing down.

Thanks inventor world.
    Does anyone know if the is a memory dump button?

Login to Give a bone

there is no memory dump ability that I am aware of. What are you system specs?

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

The answer is always very straightforward for this kind of questions:
    Upgrade your PC to match the requirements of your Inventor version.
    And it is sad to say you don't have many choices.

Login to Give a bone

My computer exceeds the required minimum to run the software. The problem with running in a 32bit windows is your computer will only allow 4GB of memory. I also run into the memory problem. mostly when I'm in the detailing sheets and try and access or edit the title block. I believe this is because I have a company logo that is taking lots of memory for some reason. If I get to close to maxing out the memory I have to restart the program to dump the extra **** in the ram.

If you would be able to, I would upgrade to a windows 7 64 bit and then you could go as high as 16GB for ram, maybe higher. It also depends on your computer and age of how cheap the ram will be. Right now you can get some 16GB packs for a reasonable cost.

Login to Give a bone

my problem is that my company is still running XP so it doesn't use all the ram that we have in the computer

Login to Give a bone

I would try setting the priority of Inventor to high, go to task manager, pick the processes tab, right click on the Inventor.exe and set priority to high. The draw back is it takes resources from other programs so you may want to close unneeded software. I have had luck with this in the past.

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by David Gaskill View Post
    I would try setting the priority of Inventor to high, go to task manager, pick the processes tab, right click on the Inventor.exe and set priority to high. The draw back is it takes resources from other programs so you may want to close unneeded software. I have had luck with this in the past.
    But it won't work for those PCs are under controlled by IT guys.
    And if this was the case, it would be better to ask for a new machine nather than begging them for changing the settings.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You need 64 bits and more memory... Just make sure you boss understands you cannot work with what you were given.