Thread: titleblock template update

Login to Give a bone

Default titleblock template update

I find titleblock template will not update automate when sheet is alreday created, so ,how to handle this problem?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: titleblock template update

co you describe the steps you are using? from the description I am not understanding haht you are doing, or what you need to happen. Possibly you are mis-using the word 'template' to mean something other than a DWT?

Login to Give a bone

ok,when I build sheet system,I already set a titleblock template file(*.dwt),and already creet sheet ,but if in this time,I need change my titleblock template file a little bit,for example, I need add a new field in my titleblock template file(*.dwt),but when I change the titleblock template file(*.dwt),then you open again the sheet file you already creat before, you can see your titleblock in this sheet file not changed,It`s old one. not update ,you must delete the sheet and make new sheet, then you can see titleblock update.
    did I make myself clear?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Like other blocks, a titleblock will stick with its "current" definition. If you paste a block named "TB" into a file that already has a block named "TB", the pasted entity takes on the attributes of the existing block "TB." Also... if you're not even going that far, of course it won't work! Modifying a template does not automatically update files based on that template, it only affects new files created from it. To automatically "sync" updates, you'd need to XREF. If you were doing the former (pasting an existing block), you can instead go to "Design Center" (adcenter on CLI), find the template file, find the block, and then right-click "Redefine." Sadly, that isn't always enough when it comes to attributes; you may need to erase the existing titleblock and re-insert it.