Thread: INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319: eNotOpenForWrite

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319: eNotOpenForWrite

I keep getting this error with no rhyme or reason for it. INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319: eNotOpenForWrite
    It will sometimes crash while I'm away from my desk. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319: eNotOpenForWrite

There is a reason, you're just not seeing it. With the info you've provided, all I can tell you is that the c++ dll is failing at lin3 7319 of module dbobji. Something is trying to edit an object in the dwg when it is not able to. Try to think of things that might have changed recently. When did the problem start? Is it only on one dwg? Have you tried recovering it? If there is more to the error message, show that.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

There are a lot messages about this but I've only found one which appears to provide a solution so look here and see if it helps you.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah...I saw this and forwarded it on to the people who need to know...Thanks for the reply though.

Login to Give a bone

We do have some custom menus and some of the commands change settings. It does it sporadically. Like two weeks ago, it crash on me about almost a dozen times during the day. I needed to get a drawing at ASAP, so I soldiered through it. At the end of the day, I restarted my computer and the next morning it ran fine. Yesterday it crashed 4 times in the morning (2x before and 2x after I rebooted) and then it seem to run fine. This morning it crashed 3x and have not rebooted, but it hasn't crashed in awhile. I don't see any trend of being in certain drawings or doing certain commands that is causing it. It will sometimes crash while I'm away from my desk.

Login to Give a bone

I was getting this error on a few client drawings just using the Design Center and clicking on any of the styles or blocks. I didn't find any file corruption using audit or recover so I used the reference manager to look for any unresolved refernces. In my case there were missing Plot Configuration files and CTB's. I just copied my standard pc3 and ctb files renaming them to the missing files and the error crashing stopped. This is a guess, on my part, but my thinking is "eNotOpenForWrite" means AutoCAD is looking for something but can't find it.

Login to Give a bone

John, the error message doesn't mean that. All its telling us is that the line of code in the dll where the error occurs was expecting to be able to write to a table in the dwg database, but the record was not able to be edited. I would submit this as a bug with the details you have. It seems that this dll did something that didn't account for the case where some table data ( i.e. ctb, etc) was missing and at some point after that, it cascaded to the point where an error occurred. I can't tell you more than that without doing some research. But regardless, this is a bug that should be reported. Its nice that you can document repeatable circumstances.
    C:> ED WORKING....