Thread: Re-Scaling drawing leads to weird grading feature behaviour.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re-Scaling drawing leads to weird grading feature behaviour.

Hey guys,

My company won a proposal for doing the Civil Site Services and Site Grading for a Commercial Site Development here. Woohoo! The Architect has given us a working copy of their AutoCAD base map file to begin our design with. Being Architects, the drawing is in millimeters. No Big Deal, just scale it by 0.001 to get it in meters, change UNITS to meters, move the drawing over to the designated UTM coordinates for our localization and start the design, right? Well, I'm a day into it now, and I can't get the grading features (Feature lines, Alignments, anything with stations really) to bring up the proper station numbers. I do a DIST command and get for example, 50.000m, but on the feature line, it's giving me Station 0+000.050.

So to do a little digging, I went back into my backup of the original drawing in millimeters, and make a feature line on the same line. DIST command gives 50,000mm, Feature Line gives me Stationing of 0+050.000m.

This is really odd. Anyone have a fix? I think I'm going to scale the linework, COPY with Basepoint 0,0 and paste into a blank drawing and see if I can't get it to work, but there should be something to fix this. It might be an incompatibility with AutoCAD and Civil3D too or something, I'm not sure.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Re-Scaling drawing leads to weird grading feature behaviour.

you might have to 'fix the scale and location of the data outside of civil 3d, and then import it through map to correct this issue.
    I had a similar issue recently and that is essentially the process I needed to follow.
    If you do not have it resolved by now, I am happy to look at your file and offer assistance.