Thread: 2013 || Keynotes? Have the control of the leaders been imporved?

I could stop if I wanted to Baldwin_4-6-0's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default 2013 || Keynotes? Have the control of the leaders been improved?

I am finding that the Keynote Tags still have leader control issues.. especially when the text wraps. Are they still a problem? or I am missing a step that would make the Keynote leaders useful?
    Last edited by Baldwin_4-6-0; 2012-05-07 at 01:15 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2013 || Keynotes? Have the control of the leaders been imporved?

Ayone else know if keynoting is any more useful in 2013?

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

No changes applied to keynoting with this release. If you aren't benefiting from them much perhaps you haven't been taking advantage of user keynotes?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    No changes applied to keynoting with this release. If you aren't benefiting from them much perhaps you haven't been taking advantage of user keynotes?
    Steve, It is just the controls of the leaders when using text that we are not fond of. And using numbers is off the table because it seems to "engineer-like". Thank you for answering.

Login to Give a bone

As per a few other similar threads over the years, I too have an issue with the control of keynote leaders. It is bad enough that the leader moves to the centre of the wrapped text, but my real annoyance is that the leader lines do not snap to the horizontal plane! I am constantly zooming in to 'eyeball' them just so they look 'ok'. I guess not enough people have complained about this to make it any priority yet?. Reminds me of the longstanding customisable elevation tag issue that finally got resolved (hooray) yet I would think that this leader issue would be even easier to resolve??....

Login to Give a bone

I have just added to the wishlist that keynotes should behave just a text annotation with all the formating and leader functionality. How hard can it be to add this to REVIT?
    I totally agree with you Baldwin, using keynote codes on drawings is pointless, I do not know of any builder that likes them. We prefer to see the full keynote description.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You have the option to use keynote text or keynote value as a the parameter being reported. I agree that the formatting and control of leaders in keynotes leaves something to be desired and could use improvement.