Thread: window family parameter

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default window family parameter

I'm only beginning to work with families and adding parameters, so bear with my ignorance

In the attached file I've added a sill extrusion to the window, added a yes/no visibility parameter to turn it off and on.
    the problem I'm having is that when I make it as a type parameter, the toggle turns the entire type off and on for all windows in the model.
    When I define the parameter as instance, I can't seem to find the toggle radio button anymore. How does the instance parameter work?

I would like to control the sill visibilty of each window individually if I can. If I have to create a new type, then the toggle parameter is of not much use. I almost want to say that I might as well just have a separate familes, except if I have to change something else in the window then I would have to do it in both families, which might be a nuisance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: window family parameter

When it is an instance parameter, it is editable in the properties box. Do not 'Edit Type', for those are the family's type parameters. The properties box takes up real-estate on people monitors, so some turn it off. 'Ctrl + 1' will turn it back on.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff S.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: window family parameter

ahhh, it was that simple, and it seems like I had figured it out..... I did see it in the properties box, but couldn't activate it.

my issue was that I was quickly trying to check the family changes in my model by changing a window that was part of a group by tabbing into it.
    To use the parameter, I had to go through the process of entering group edit mode.