Thread: Pan Joist System in Revit 2012

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Pan Joist System in Revit 2012

We are trying to model a concrete pan joist system in Revit 2012. Using the OOTB pan joist family, we cannot get the plan to look correct. We typically show two lines indicating the bottom of the joist. When we select "edges Hidden By Beam Itself", it shows those two lines plus a shadow of the lines at the joist/slab interstction (see the attached pic). When we select "Edges Hidden by Other Members", we only get two lines, but the line weights are way too light and we cannot change them. Any ideas?Autodesk Revit Structure 2012 - [Structural Plan SECOND FLOOR PLAN - PART B - 1_2012-04-25_17-37.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pan Joist System in Revit 2012

Take a look at the props box of your joists. I believe when you select a joist you should see a check box for tapered side. You could uncheck those, they should show up as single line. However this will screw up quantity takeoffs and your the sections won't look correct either. I don't think you have the option to not show both lines. You could modify the family and maybe turn the lines to invisible or something, but I'm not sure that will help either since the family needs to show the bottom of the joist as 7" or whatever and when the slab cuts the joist, RS is going to want to show a line again because of the cut surface of the joist.
    This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pan Joist System in Revit 2012

After several hours of frustration, we have it working the way that we would like. I had the line weight in the Object Styles for Structural Framing set to 1 and I had the line weight for the Hidden Faces Category under Structural Framing set to 3. Once I changed the line weight for the Structural Framing to 3, the plans looked correct. Any idea why the parent category (Structural Framing) was taking precedence over the line weight that I has specified for the Hidden Lines?