Thread: Palettes in Block Editor are empty!?

I could stop if I wanted to Mamma Jamma's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Palettes in Block Editor are empty!?

AutoCAD 2010 (and now 2012 because IT migrated settings instead of fresh install - another post for another time), the tool palettes inside the BE, the ones that should have the Parameters, Actions, etc. are empty, except for a little message at the top asking me if I want to know how to customize tool palettes. Um, no thanks, I know how to do that. What I need is to get the ones that are actually built in to AutoCAD to actually show the content.
    All I can do currently is try to decipher which icons at the top of the block editor mean parameters, actions, etc. (could they BE any more cryptic?) and enter the options at the command line.
    I have no idea why they disappeared in the first place. One day they just weren't there.

Help???

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Palettes in Block Editor are empty!?

You can try a full re-install would be the easiest and fastiest way to do this. Also if you downloaded 2012, or 2010 and your antivirus was turned on then there may be an issue with parts missing. Also try different user profiles under options. find which one works, then see which support paths are missing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Palettes in Block Editor are empty!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma Jamma View Post
    AutoCAD 2010 (and now 2012 because IT migrated settings instead of fresh install - another post for another time), the tool palettes inside the BE, the ones that should have the Parameters, Actions, etc. are empty, except for a little message at the top asking me if I want to know how to customize tool palettes. Um, no thanks, I know how to do that. What I need is to get the ones that are actually built in to AutoCAD to actually show the content.
    All I can do currently is try to decipher which icons at the top of the block editor mean parameters, actions, etc. (could they BE any more cryptic?) and enter the options at the command line.
    I have no idea why they disappeared in the first place. One day they just weren't there.

Help???
    Co worker had the same problem and at least one way to fix this was to reset profile. Options/Profiles/Reset. Though after this you need to do all customizations again but you can avoid reinstalling product.