Thread: Space Type Parameters

Login to Give a bone

Default Space Type Parameters

Is there a way to get to the space type parameters (lighting load density, etc) within a space schedule (or any schedule at that)?

If not, what exactly do these parameters do, is there an element of the load calcs I am missing?
    Matthew Danowski, PE, LEED AP BD+C
    Project Electrical Engineer
    Baltimore, MD

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Space Type Parameters

Nevermind, I found it right after posting this.

If you use the "specified" parameters it will use those numbers for allowable densities, etc.
    Baltimore, MD

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Just curious - there there a way to customize or define our own space types?
    If so, how and where do we do this?

thank you!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tyveka010 View Post

thank you!
    Its possible to tweak the properties of Space types in 2010, but you can't create your own.

I guess you could if you edited the gbXML file, but that's probably not recommended.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RevitNinja View Post
    Its possible to tweak the properties of Space types in 2010, but you can't create your own.

I guess you could if you edited the gbXML file, but that's probably not recommended.
    I remember asking this question a while back. They are hard coded in the program and taken right from the code. To keep everything standard, they were kept un-editable.
    Baltimore, MD

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tyveka010 View Post

thank you!
    You can't. The possible Space Types are explicitly specified in the gbXML schema. Allowing users the change this would invalidate our compliance with the schema, in the event that the user exports to gbXML.

This is something that comes up often, but you'll need to take issue up with the gbXML steering committee if you'd like to see it changed. For what it's worth, this is something that we have raised already.

Cheers,
    Kyle B

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kyle.bernhardt View Post

You can't. The possible Space Types are explicitly specified in the gbXML schema. Allowing users the change this would invalidate our compliance with the schema, in the event that the user exports to gbXML.

This is something that comes up often, but you'll need to take issue up with the gbXML steering committee if you'd like to see it changed. For what it's worth, this is something that we have raised already.

Cheers,
    Kyle B
    What if I want to add to the Energy Parameters carried by the Space Types? I would like to schedule the Outdoor Air Information from Spaces rather than Zones, calculated either per area or per changes, and to be globally controlled by space type.

Thank you,
    Silviu

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kyle.bernhardt View Post

I'm not exactly sure how to phrase this, but here is my best guess. I'm looking for a way around the specified gbXML schema. I would like to specify lights, people, and equipment loads by space acitivity. The idea I had was to create something that I think would be a nested family of spaces called Internal Loads. The Internal Loads family would have a type parameter called ACIVITY-DESCRIPTION. Each type would have instance paramters for Specified Area per Person, Specified Lighting Load Density, and Specified Power Load Density. I am picturing selecting an activity description from the space properties dialog box, and the Specified Area per Person, Specified Lighting Load Density, and Specified Power Load Density in the Energy Analysis group would change depending which acitivity description I choose. Is this possible?