Thread: Obtaining Anno Scale of a saved view

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Obtaining Anno Scale of a saved view

Quote Originally Posted by newfoundfreedom View Post
    I dont even really know where to start....
    Not sure how familiar you are with loading .NET Assemblies, so I thought I'd share some info to help along the way....

First, download the .ZIP file from my previous post, or click here (to download by direct link).

Next, you will want to Right Click the .ZIP you just downloaded, and select Properties. Hit the "Unblock" button (Windows 7), and then hit Ok.

Extract the .ZIP file, and move or copy the resultant .DLL to a directory on your PC that resides within your Support File Search Paths (SFSP).

... There are many ways to do this next part, so feel free to deviate as you see fit. It is important to note that .NET assemblies can only be loaded once per session; subsequent NETLOADs have no affect. It doesn't hurt anything (AFAIK), but it is not of any value.

To simply test the .DLL you've just placed within SFSP, start a new session of AutoCAD, and use the NETLOAD command to load the .NET assembly, and test the newly added vla-Get-ViewAnnoScale LispFunction Method.

If you choose to incorporate this .NET assembly into your deployment, and would like it to be loaded each time you open AutoCAD, simply add this to your Acad.lsp file (presuming that you have write-access to this file):

Code:
    (foreach dll  '("vla-Get-ViewAnnoScale.dll"
                    ;; <- other net assemblies here
                    )
      (if (findfile dll)
        (progn
          (terpri)
          (command "netload" dll))))
    ... So long as the .DLL file resides within SFSP, it will be loaded each time AutoCAD starts. There are other ways of accomplishing this, via the Registry, or via my Netload LispFunction Method for example, but that is not always necessary.

** Edit - You can load .NET assemblies that are stored on a network location, but that is not always recommended, and requires some modification to acad.exe.Config, and .NET 4.0 framework AFAIK.

HTH
    Last edited by RenderMan; 2012-04-27 at 04:30 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000