Thread: Creating Thread-o-lets in Revit

Login to Give a bone

Red face Creating Thread-o-lets in Revit

Hi All,

I work for a mechanical contractor and I've been asked to include thread-o-lets on my pipe for the purpose of adding thermometers and gauges etc. I've been unable to find any families, but I'm also not sure about how to create these on my own. I'm just hoping to find some Revit guru out there that might have some insight for me. Is there a way to make a fitting that is not inline with the pipe? I guess it would be something similar to a tee but if I used a tee then my pipe lengths would be incorrect. Another though I had was possibly creating a family that consist of a pipe with a thread-o-let, and having the pipe length variable to suit my needs (ie it would be like a really long tee). The only problem I see with this is that piece of pipe would be included in my fitting schedule vs my pipe schedule. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating Thread-o-lets in Revit

If you are using Revit 2013 they now have a branch connection that I believe is what your looking for.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating Thread-o-lets in Revit

Oh wow awesome! Unfortuantely I'm working in 2012, but we will be moving into 2013 sometime in the future. I know 2013 has a lot of other features I like so maybe this is my chance to push it forward. Thanks a lot!