Thread: Never before seen Error Message, at least not by my eyes

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Question Never before seen Error Message, at least not by my eyes

Hi All,

I have a new error message, that I have never seen before. Any help diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated. What we're trying to do is delete a family we created yesterday from Herman Miller's product line. Basically nesting components into a parent family to get our office/cube layouts. Nothing special with the parent families at all. But now, we can't seem to delete one of them. Please see the attached image for information on the error message itself.

Revit_sc_102-Error Message.jpg

Thank you in advance,
    Jeff S.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Never before seen Error Message, at least not by my eyes

It sounds like you have a worksharing issue. If you're lucky you should be able to have each user relinquish all worksets & sync, then the problem will go away. If you are unlucky there may be an issue where Revit thinks there a user owns a workset when they don't. This has happened to us in the past where someone opened the model once just to look at something, but the central model records them as owning some element, even if they did not sync any changes.

I realize I'm getting a little wild in my speculation at this point, but if that IS in fact the case you should be able to hunt down that user through the worksets dialog, open the model from their station, then sync & relinquish all. Just make sure that in your worksets dialog you have the families box checked so you can find the workset specific to that furniture family.

Hope this helps,
    -LP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Steve posted about it, it's a known issue and use the info at your own risk but it can you out of trouble
    http://revitoped.blogspot.fr/2010/01...-deletion.html

Login to Give a bone

I've had success with the built in Audit for such problems. I would try that before trying the revitoped suggested solution that dhurtubise pointed out. (i.e. I would have everyone sync with central and relinquish all and get out. Then open the central file with an audit, save, and then try getting back in the local files.)

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

So, I was the only one in the project file that was having the issue. Another co-worker was in a separate project file having the same issue with the same family, when he was the only one it that project file. We were able to remove the problem family by cutting/pasting these families to a temp project, then purging, and deleting all shared nested content of these families the same time we deleted the families from the project browser. Not sure what happened with these families, but it's up and working again.

Thanks all,
    Jeff S.