You could do that, but you'll need to remember a few things when it comes to productivity. If you have separate models, and you're going to document everything from a "composite" model, You'll need to close the big composite model every time you want to "fix" something in one of the links. You can't have a linked model and a composite model open at the same time. So that's 5-10 min every time that happens. Hence the desire to do this all in one file.
One thing you may be able to do is have your interiors group create the detail in their model and in the comp model you can cut the section, turn off your model and use the "By Linked View" option and select the detail they'd like to cut. Still not ideal, but an option I think.
As for importing or linking in cad files, IMHO you're better off leaving cad in cad and creating dummy sheets and details in revit. I don't think Adesk has resolved all the issues yet. If I were going to do something like that, I'd go the jpeg route. Print the cad detail as a jpeg and insert that jpeg into your detail view. Less to worry about with how the graphics (text, hatch, dims...) look.