Thread: How to hide the dimension line in revit 2013 showing only text? Is it possible?

Login to Give a bone

Default How to hide the dimension line in revit 2013 showing only text? Is it possible?

HI, like said, I need to show only the dimension text not the dimension line (Revit Architecture 2013). Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to hide the dimension line in revit 2013 showing only text? Is it possible?

Well, sort of... The approach that comes to mind first and I think is the easiest (maybe only) way to achieve this would be to set the lines to be white. You will want to create a new dimension style type and under graphics in the type properties set the color to white. It is worth noting that the lines aren't really turned off, they are just white and as such will show white against a darker background and is the cross any model objects.

Another approach that I have used recently is to create a new detail component that basically acts like a dimension by using a label to report a length. This one is a little more complicated, or at least it could take a lengthy how-to write up, but if you are interested in more information let me know.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to hide the dimension line in revit 2013 showing only text? Is it possible?

You can eliminate some of the lines using ordinate dimensions but I believe the only way to get what you want is to set color to white.
    May I ask why you want to do this and what you want the end result to look like? (location and orientation of dimension string, how the dimension relates to the what it's referencing, etc.)
    If this is for overall room dimensions you can do this as a family with parameters you can tag. (I use a casework family for this)

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri Harvalias View Post
    If this is for overall room dimensions you can do this as a family with parameters you can tag. (I use a casework family for this)
    If this is the use, I have created a really simple detail component for this. The box sides can be dragged and locked to model geometry which is nice if you are still modifying things. We do mixed use and multifamily, so right now we only want to show the info on unit plan sheets, not throughout the project as a model element, thus the detail component. Of course being a detail compnent, you won't be able to schedule it, but for us it isn't something we are interested in doing yet. I also created a multi category tag for it with shared parameters. I attached both families for your use. You will have to redo the shared parameters, but its simple enough.
    Attached Files Attached Files