See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revit 2013 upgrade yet? - softaware stability, crashes & bugs

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2013 upgrade yet? - softaware stability, crashes & bugs

Be wary, multiple crashes, I just spent 30 minutes adding topo points and tried to finish editing, Revit just disappeared, crashed to desktop. No warning, no recovery.

I could stop if I wanted to Batman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by PeterGehring View Post
    Be wary, multiple crashes, I just spent 30 minutes adding topo points and tried to finish editing, Revit just disappeared, crashed to desktop. No warning, no recovery.
    Same issue for us. Whenever finishing a sketch of any kind Revit 2013 is at risk of crashing. Avoid 2013 like the plague until they release the proper verison.

And this double click to edit family..... who was the idiot that asked for that??? Everytime I want to edit a title block field and don't wait long enough between my two mouse clicks it opens the family!!! Totally retarded request!!

Login to Give a bone

Haven't noticed crashing but then my files are small. As for the "double click to edit family" it remains a useless feature that just slows us down. There should be a tickbox toggle for it in OPTIONS to give us the choice of using it or not. I hope autodesk is listening.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nigeld View Post
    As for the "double click to edit family" it remains a useless feature that just slows us down. There should be a tickbox toggle for it in OPTIONS to give us the choice of using it or not. I hope autodesk is listening.
    Agreed. There are so many improvements that could be made to the interface, and this definitely was not one of them.

I could stop if I wanted to Batman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

So does anybody know of a 2013 update as yet? This is the most unstable Revit version I have ever used.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, this is the most unstable release for me too, and I've been using Revit since V4. If you have a machine that's showing its age and are thinking about upgrading, think again. Anything that was just about good enough for 2012, simply won't work in 2013. And you can't upgrade to a basic spec machine, it has to be gutsy. I guess all the new bells and whistles have heavy requirements.

Login to Give a bone

I'm at RTC NA 2012 right now and the word is an update is about to be released. These problems should now affect new projects just ones upgraded from 2012. It looks like it could be the changes to the materials.
    Last edited by Rustle; 2012-06-30 at 02:59 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Hello Andy,

I was just doing a search on Revit 2013 updates and found your post asking if anyone has had problems. I have a year-long project that I kept in 2012 (thankfully) but did do a recent competition in Revit 2013. What I have found is that there is a problem with the "Paint" tool. I had multiple crashes while trying to apply materials (both in perspective view and others.) It was so bad that it was crashing about 50% of the time. I was able to manage, but with difficulty. I submitted a report most of the times, but heard nothing back from Autodesk.

I use Paint a lot for interiors and think that Revit is actually really great for small projects and interiors because I'm not afraid of making families. The client we have now seems to really like getting quick renderings to figure out his preferences. Of course it would be wonderful if more manufacturers got on the Revit bandwagon and offered models!

Revit 2012 was great -- an exceptionally stable product. I used it all year and only recently had a crash for some unknown reason. Hope you find this interesting.

Cheers.

Login to Give a bone

"Same issue for us. Whenever finishing a sketch of any kind Revit 2013 is at risk of crashing"
    Ugh, I'm having the same issue, whether I'm sketching a ceiling or a masking region, if it's simple - no crash. If it's a little more than simple - crash without warning! I'm having to sketch a little at a time, finish, save, then edit sketch to add a little more, then repeat.

Login to Give a bone

I turned off hardware acceleration (Big R - options - graphics - tickbox) and stability has improved greatly. Still a couple of jitters here and there, but vastly improved stability.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast