See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revit 2013 upgrade yet? - softaware stability, crashes & bugs

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2013 upgrade yet? - softaware stability, crashes & bugs

I'm having trouble with ceilings duplicating every time lights are added. I posted about it here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...78#post1176278

Since that post, it's become a real nuisance in that when I try to do an interior rendering, the ceiling-based lights don't light anything! My suspicion is that the extraneous ceilings are blocking the lights: as if each light cuts through its own ceiling-host and doesn't allow any other lights to cut through. I have to use studio lights.

I didn't experience this issue in Revit 2012. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a non-studio light work-around?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Also, I just downloaded and installed an update for Revit 2013, and now my cloud-rendering capability has gone all askew. Before the update, I set my Render Quality, Image Size, Exposure, etc. once, and it preserved those settings each time I rendered thereafter (at least for the time I was in the file). Now, I need to reset the settings each time I click "Render in Cloud".

Another thing is that the renderings seem to appear at random in the Render Gallery. At first, they showed up at the beginning of the thumbnails, but now they can appear third or fourth in line. It's not terrible, but it is a little annoying to have to hunt for each new rendering.

Also, the Exposure setting seems to have gotten a little wonky: Even if I have it set to "Advanced," it frequently doesn't pick up my interior lights unless I set the lighting to "Interior" in my native render dialog. This happens only about 50% of the time, so I'm having trouble nailing down the cause. It's a bit maddening.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I know this thread is a little out of date, but I keep seeing little bugs here and there for 2013. Did the first service release fix most of the bugs? Is 2013 stable? Is it a very, very, very safe time to upgrade?

Login to Give a bone

Wow, Damo. You have great timing when reviving an old thread:
    http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...html#post69261

Login to Give a bone

Umm stable isn't the word I would use. But I guess I'd say I've had more crashes with this version than the previous. IMHO it's not one of the better ones. There's still lots of bugs, things that end up missing from sheets, the wysiwyg idea isn't there. It's usually what you see is what you get, but not always. The service pack did address a few issues, butt there's still lots of underlying ones. But I wouldn't expect to see any fix for those until 2014 is out. Just my 2 cents.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks, looks like we'll keep waiting!

Login to Give a bone

Your only issue with keeping on waiting, is that you'll have to convert it to 2013 at some point. At this point in time, I don't expect to see another service pack for 2013, but I could be wrong. It's not the worst ever, but I know my co-worker (working on a similar set-up) crashed out 3 times already today.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Your only issue with keeping on waiting, is that you'll have to convert it to 2013 at some point. At this point in time, I don't expect to see another service pack for 2013, but I could be wrong. It's not the worst ever, but I know my co-worker (working on a similar set-up) crashed out 3 times already today.
    Worst case scenario: couldn't we just skip it and go straight to 2014?

Login to Give a bone

That's an option, but not one I would suggest. When they create new releases and add new features, one of the things they do is convert the content of existing models to work with their new line of programming. If you skip a version, that upgrade may not happen. Best case, no problems, everything works and your model remains 100% intact. Worst case, well..... I leave that up to your imagination. My suggestion would be to wait as long as you and your consultants are willing. Then detach the model and test an upgrade to 2013 and see what happens. If you really want to wait for 2014, fine, but I'd still open and save it in 2013 first. That's the suggested method and the one recommended by adesk.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    If you really want to wait for 2014, fine, but I'd still open and save it in 2013 first. That's the suggested method and the one recommended by adesk.
    Fair enough! I'll definitely keep that in mind when I recommend to our IT and staff when to upgrade. Thanks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast