Thread: Can dref'd profile views not be dynamic?

Login to Give a bone

Default Can dref'd profile views not be dynamic?

I created a master 3-line stacked profile drawing (using C3D 2010) of a road we are designing that is roughly 3/4 of a mile in length and has over 15' of vertical drop. The FG surface sampled into the profiles great and updates dynamically as it should. The problem arises when I then create data references for the 3 FG profiles (left, center, right). Each sheet shows 500' of this profile and when I pop in the data references from the master profile into the profile views in each sheet that particular section of the profile comes in fine. The problem is the data references come in static and there is no option that I saw to make them dynamic. I would think just the fact that I can create a data reference from these FG's that they should be dynamic? Am I missing a setting? or maybe doing something procedurally incorrect? I can't believe this is not possible.....it would defy logic. Anyone had this issue or can shed some light?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can dref'd profile views not be dynamic?

In theory those data reference profile ARE dymanic, in that they are linked back to the ORIGINAL profile drawing and profile the were created from.
    IF you edit that data you will be prompted to SYNCHRONIZE your data shortcut.
    That is how their flavor of dynamic functions.

Try an edit to the source, save that file, and open a sheet/drawing file with the reference, are you not prompted to synchronize?

If NO then there is a problem.

If YES, then there is no problem.

Login to Give a bone

Per your scenario this is what I get:

1. I adjust corridor and update the surface. I save.
    2. I open master profile and it prompts to synchronize. Profile updates as it should to show changes. I save.
    3. I open sheet and am prompted to synchronize. Profile views do not update (but contours, plan view labels, etc. DO update).

I get no errors about broken links or anything. I have deleted and re-made the data references and again they go into the sheet profile view just fine but still don't update. In fact immediately upon referencing them into the sheet if you look at profile view properties on the profiles tab their status is automatically set to static and no source is listed. Almost as if it is a block. Ironically when I remake the links from the master profile and put them in the sheets they come in updated with the changes I made but will not update further?

*UPDATE - I noticed that when using the 'create profile view' pulldown command in a sheet, in the creation dialog box it shows the dref'd profiles as static before I ever draw the profile.
    Last edited by rattnroll166050; 2012-05-01 at 09:14 PM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Let me try to reproduce your conditions here. I will report back.
    Apologies for the time delay, I am working in Qatar for a few more weeks.