Thread: TimeLiner animation query.

Login to Give a bone

Default TimeLiner animation query.

hello
    I am simulating some construction and i have a couple of queries.
    1. I am applying the construction, demolish and temporary task types expecting the geometry to appear in its preset (green, red etc) colour sequences. I have done this before and have achieved the desired result but for some reason its not happening this time around. It only appears grey. I have switched from Open GL to presenter and this only achieved getting the task name to appear. I also tried changing the background colour but still no result.
    2. Can I apply a section animation to a building at the same time as it is being given a colour coded task type. I wish to animate a section plane down to the ground from the top of a building to simulate a demolition (which is also tagged in the task type)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: TimeLiner animation query.

Guess what im asking is can you combine both time liner and animation?

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It always amazes me how anyone finds the time to do such animations and time lines. My day is filled to the brim with handling the drawings that need to go into my models, telling users to remember thier property sets, then after 15 times reminding them, showing them HOW to use thier property sets.. Going to meetings with the client to explain how we plan to do things, then going to more meetings with different members of the client team to explain it again... and again... and again.. Then writing a manual explaining how we will be doing it so the design team can understand it.. Then telling the design team this is the way we're going to do things here and not the way they did it in the 2D world with the Mom and Pop design firm they just came from..

OK, rant mode off...

I guess to sum this up, I'd say I don't want to let anyone have any idea about timeliners and animations as they'll expect me to do it all and... well, I like to sleep at night..
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

You can combine the viewpoints of an animation with the timeliner sequencing. Two steps:
    1) When you are in the timeliner interface, pick the Simulate tab/Settings button, which brings up a dialog, and half-way down the dialog is a place to add an animation. It probably is set to the default which is "No Link". Change it to "Saved Viewpoints Animation", and
    2) you have to assign a previously created animation on the Animation tab on the Ribbon.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks very much Dennis.
    I worked out how to animate cameras views but am now having trouble accessing the animation timeline where you can set, capture and edit keys.
    Only the snap settings button and zoom button is available. I have an animation in there but something is not letting me access.
    any ideas
    thanks