Greetings all!

I have a strange problem and I don't know what to do about it. I have a drawing that has about a 1000 points in it, an existing and proposed surface, feature lines, and a couple of grading objects. This problem happens during some commands but not all. The first time it happened was when I turned my points back on and I went to adjust the annotation scale so I could see my points clearly. When I changed scales it did the operation, but the cursor kept "thinking" and would not give the crosshairs back. When I clicked somewhere else on the screen the program would fade to a shade of white and it would say not responding up in the top left hand corner of the window. I had to go to Task Manager and close Civil 3D. The funny thing was that I was expecting to get an error report notification, but I never did. I purged, audited, & recovered the drawing, but still it would lock up when changing scales. My boss suggested turning the surfaces off and then the changing of the scales worked with no problems.

I thought maybe I was in the clear but later on I was editing a feature line by moving one of the vertices a small distance and it did it again! Since I am not getting error report notifications, I am not sure if it is a problem with the program or the computer. Has anyone else come across this before? I would appriciate any suggestions on how to address this issue.

Thanks.