Thread: Renumbering Parcels

Login to Give a bone

Default Renumbering Parcels

I have created several sites that correspond with blocks of a subdivision. I was able to successfully renumber the lots (parcels) for two of those blocks. However, no matter what I try, I have been unable to renumber the remaining parcels.

5 Sites that are Blocks A - E
    parcels in sites 1 and 2 successfully renumbered.
    none of the other parcels will renumber.

Thank you

Elgin

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Renumbering Parcels

I had the same problem yesterday. It turned out the program had assigned the parcel name to a parcel that covered most of the site. This parcel name did not show in any listing and was just visible on the drawing. I renamed it in the acad properties dialog box and was able to rename as I wished. I still don't know why or how the big parcel was created.

Login to Give a bone

How did you find that parcel? I have the parcels for each block separated out. A site for each block and the lots are the parcels under each site. I even went back and renumbered the lots, well changed the properties name for each parcel to A-1 or B-1 so that I could renumber the lots in Block C. still didnt work.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

It was in a corner of the site and somehow had been given a different parcel type when created. In fact the parcel was a virtual copy of the site boundary less the roadways and the parcel number was superimposed on top of that number. I started out with importing XML data for the LDDT project and the boundary parcel came in with that. For some reason my boundary line was not recognized as such upon import. It seems to think that the areas of right of way between the property line and center line of roads is supposed to be a parcel and gives it a number. This is my first venture into the program and every step seems to bring more questions.

Login to Give a bone

what i have done is to make a polyline around the areas that are to be the blocks. then i created the parcels (aka lots) within those sites. i do not have an overall site. well... i don't now, supposedly, as i deleted it at one time when the right of way would not allow a culdesac to come out of the parcel properly. now i do see a label for a lot 0 that shouldn't be there but that is a definition of the entire site. it does not show up in the list as a parcel. but that sites lots all renumbered fine. i have even tried to set the next number to be something like 800 and it still did not work.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I guess then, that we don't share the same problem. I had several thing come in unexpected fashion with the xml import that probably caused my results. Sorry I couldn't help . . . .

Login to Give a bone

I have got them renumbered! Hoorah. Was actually a very easy fix. Two pronged issue with Civil 3D. Whenever the person that gave me the fix is unbanned, I will post the fix. I cannot take credit for it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I guess that is fair. If I come across that problem I will at least know there is the hope of finding the answer somewhere.