Thread: Ceiling fan family doesn't show symbol lines in plan view

Login to Give a bone

Default Ceiling fan family doesn't show symbol lines in plan view

Hi guys,
    I am trying to create a family that will show dashed ceiling fan outline on ground plan but shows normal ceiling fan in reflected ceiling plan.

1. symbol lines do not show up in plan view at all.
    2. when converting to model lines they show up BUT it also shows the whole ceiling fan model (actual model which is above the floor plan)
    3. setting visibility to not show in plan for model elements does nothing.

As soon as I have model lines in the plan view (model lines on a separate ref plane set just above ground plane) whole ceiling fan model shows up, thus hiding my dashed model lines.

I just want to have one family that will show up everything in ceiling plan and ground plan.

Impossible?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ceiling fan family doesn't show symbol lines in plan view

Quote Originally Posted by vajdici View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am trying to create a family that will show dashed ceiling fan outline on ground plan but shows normal ceiling fan in reflected ceiling plan.

1. symbol lines do not show up in plan view at all.
    2. when converting to model lines they show up BUT it also shows the whole ceiling fan model (actual model which is above the floor plan)
    3. setting visibility to not show in plan for model elements does nothing.

As soon as I have model lines in the plan view (model lines on a separate ref plane set just above ground plane) whole ceiling fan model shows up, thus hiding my dashed model lines.

I just want to have one family that will show up everything in ceiling plan and ground plan.

Impossible?
    I would get rid of the lines set just above "ground" plane and then add a vertical invisible line that extends down from the fan far enough to be certain to be cut by your cut plane. (You could lock one end to the reference level, so that it extends to the floor.) This invisible line will not show in the model, but will enable whatever graphics you have enabled for a plan view to be seen.

I would either create a sub-category for your ceiling-mounted items that you can then override in the plan view to have a dashed linetype (while still being solid in the reflected ceiling plan) or I would set up a filter capable of gathering up ceiling-mounted items, apply the filter to your plan view, and then set a dashed line override on the filter.