Thread: MEP 2013 - Is it buggy?

Login to Give a bone

Default MEP 2013 - Is it buggy?

Okay so our firm is sort of new to being on an Autodesk subscription. We are running MEP 2012 and have recently downloaded and installed MEP 2013 but have been reluctant to use it. What I'm wondering is if other people have had any issues with the program being buggy. A couple of things have kept us from using it so far 1) it's the first of a new file format (2013) which makes me nervous and 2) we have been having one user who has had performance issues with 2012 and I'm concerned its going to magnify with this newer version and 3) it just came out (thinking that it's like you should never buy the latest and greatest features on a car because they'll be the first items to break) Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2013 - Is it buggy?

Quote Originally Posted by jparkhurst View Post
    Okay so our firm is sort of new to being on an Autodesk subscription. We are running MEP 2012 and have recently downloaded and installed MEP 2013 but have been reluctant to use it. What I'm wondering is if other people have had any issues with the program being buggy. A couple of things have kept us from using it so far 1) it's the first of a new file format (2013) which makes me nervous and 2) we have been having one user who has had performance issues with 2012 and I'm concerned its going to magnify with this newer version and 3) it just came out (thinking that it's like you should never buy the latest and greatest features on a car because they'll be the first items to break) Any feedback would be great. Thanks
    What types of specs do you have on your machines?

I have not had any problems with AMEP2013 yet. I'm trying to remember if I've even had a crash with it? I did have a couple stuttery pans when opening up one specific file. It seems to be a fairly old autocad mep drawing (I couldn't say the originating version on that one with any certainty), but, aside from that, I've been okay.

Windows XP 64 (please don't laugh, I've got win7 at home ), 12GB RAM, one of the graphics cards from the approved AutoCAD list but nothing fancy. AMEP 2012 (as well as RMEP 2012 and 2013) also installed on this machine and no performance problems.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

A few questions - Are you talking Revit or AMEP?
    I didn't think Acad had changed file formats for this go around (hence the question).
    You are correct in your assumption that it's generally a good idea to wait for the first service pack to come out before you get into doing any kind of production drawings. But we just bit the bullet and started a new project in RS 2013.
    As for performance, my understand is the Revit 2013 is faster and more efficient than 2012 and makes better use of multi-core's for some processes.

Login to Give a bone

If you have the software, put it on a test pc and try it out. And yes the file format changed with 2013.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Talking Autocad MEP 2012 - The machine is a 32 Bit, Windows 7 Pro, 4 GB Ram, ATI Firepro 2260 Graphics Card.

Login to Give a bone

I should have said Autocad MEP 2013