Thread: Warning Message RS2013 (again)

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Warning Message RS2013 (again)

"Distance between Analytical and Physical Models of Structural Element is beyond tolerance of 150"

What exactly does this mean? I get that I set the tolerance. I was putting in braces when I got the error. Speaking of braces, sometimes they will ask me to specify a Work Plane (gridline) and other times they do not. Why? I get asking me all the time OR never. I don't know how to fix it. Sometimes deleting and redrawing "fixes" it and other times not. Hard to develop best practices sometimes....

It's Friday!!!!!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Warning Message RS2013 (again)

You are allowed to adjust location of member different in the analytical model than in the physical model.
    simple example:
    say floor beams in the analytical model must be in the same plane, look at the analyical view or turn on analytical in your view.
    all the simple stick lines need to connect together in that plane for the analyical model to run correct.
    but in your physical model you can adjust beam locations to reflect what is happening in the real world.
    good example for this would be bar joist and beam system. the beams may move up and down in physical model, but in the analytical model they would need to be in the same plane.

braces use the same ideal except you are working in vertical planes.
    Revit framing elevation view sets the plane on the vertical plane of the gridline, to make layout of braces easy. for analytical layout.
    Stick brace lines in analytical model need to connect with the intersection of beam stick lines.
    in the physical model or real world the ends of braces need to be adjusted to make the connections.
    view your braces in both your normal framing view and then in the analytical view to see the difference.
    the analytical line in the family does not play well with real world location of the brace.

Also what type of bracing are you using..?
    Some of the section families do not work well as bracing and may need to be adjusted, I have seen this issue with bracing.

Login to Give a bone

Other things that can cause this is moving a beam from one column to another. The column stick may end up sticking to the end of the beam or the beam end may stick to the column. It depends on how you modeled it (ie direction).
    Frankly I'd love to have a check box for when you start a new model to enable or disable ALL analytical models. I think they cause more harm than good.

Login to Give a bone

Just click off automatic checks in your structural settings...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I understand all of that. I am using HSS braces and understand how the connection should be for both models. Now that we want to start running the model in Robot, this is an error that matters and therefor can't just turn off the checks. I wonder if I should just adjust the tolerance?

Login to Give a bone

Warnings that require no action can be ignored. If your bracing, columns, and beams intersect then everything should should work OK.
    Revit gives too many warnings that may slow you down if you have automatic checks on.
    if you want you can still pick to run a consistency check on the analyze tab, my guess is you will see you have far less problems.
    The review warnings under the manage and inquiry tab has items that can be ignored...? any one else have input on this...?
    You could try to adjust tolerance, but if you move a bracing element too far or out of plane you will get a unjoin message, if so this is will need to be corrected.
    or if you are getting errors on import or export to you design program.