Thread: Improve animation export quality

Login to Give a bone

Default Improve animation export quality

I have produced a number of animations varying from 10 to 20 seconds in length, on a number of animations there are quality issues such as image flickering during animation and also cad data out of view breaking into the animation. Please see attachment. For animation export I am using presenter, 1024 x 768, render quality = high, 20 FPS and export as PNG. The PNG files are then compiled together using Moviemaker. On the attached file you will see flicker especially on the white/grey transport boxes and also black line breaking through at ground level. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Improve animation export quality

Also added additional png images, one image at acceptable quality and the other marked up to highlight walls removed and black mark during animation export process. The two frames are consecutive frames produced using Navisworks simulate 2013, exported using png option, 1024 x 768, 24 FPS, presenter, high quality render. Cad model exported into Navisworks from Inventor 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Sorry. don't have time to look at your stuff, but I'm wondering why you are exporting as png files. I export to .avi and convert to flash in camtasia studio. This is at the standard 6fps from navisworks and render quality at 75%. I've had pretty good results. These exports take 10 mins tops on a middle of the line machine (dell inspiron core i7 with 8gb ram and intel graphics) How long are your renderings taking? Does your machine have enough juice to run navisworks properly? Actually... reading my specifications... I'm amazed I get the results I do!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Individual frames are the defacto standard for animation creation. It makes it easier to sweeten images, add after-effects, tweak run-time, coordinate titles and audio, and a host of other management issues. For complex models its the only reliable way to render out quality animation (generally ~ 15+ fps @ resolution suitable for HD) without crashes from hardware limitations (video hardware doesn't enter into rendering here).

Login to Give a bone

Yeah. I guess that makes sense. It really is a pain working with video segments. I can see how using individual frames would improve the editing like you note.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Here are the secrets to movies in Navisworks:

1. Don't use materials - You make your render time much longer.
    2. Use the PNG export option 15fps.
    3. Make your video export twice as long as you need. Then speed it up for a faux 30fps. This is faster.
    4. Look up the Navisworks blog by Lee Mullin and Paul walker about gooch and phong. There is your faux render setting.
    5. If you have NW 2012, you won;'t have gooch or phong but you will have better export options. 2013 has gooch & Phong but less export options.
    6. The flickering occurs when multiple shapes overlap. If you care, delete them in your export model. Sometimes flickering occurs in the generation of your frames on the PNG export. You may have a frame that is 'off'.
    7. Set your anti-alising to 4x or better on the png export.
    8. Check out my old post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...01#post1138301

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Revit for Breakfast; 2013-06-21 at 04:05 PM.