Thread: Error Message RS 2013

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Error Message RS 2013

! An error has occurred with drawing contents of the is window. This window shall be closed. (how polite)
    Goes to the next window and continues with error until prompted to save. When I open, I get the same message. Sometimes, I just HATE upgrading.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error Message RS 2013

Have you checked your warnings at all (ie the warnings you get when you model something revit doesn't like)?
    I would be trying to find that one element or modeled condition that is causing your issues and try to remove it.
    Just a thought.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

We are struggling through the export to Robot import back to RS process......
    Some of the element "connections" are not friendly it seems??? As far as warnings go, it is painful going through the ALL the warnings - 600 in total. WOW. I find the warning vague and difficult to understand the process of the inaccuracy to begin with. I don't really understand how members become "slightly off axis" for apparently no consistent reason. Distance between analytical and physical model is beyond tolerance??? Can you imagine the process, we create the model far enough to begin analysis but have to go through 600 error before hand? What am I missing to make my life easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jenniferd; 2012-05-02 at 03:35 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I haven't tried to play with robot yet. All my engineers use Ram and Risa. I played around with those links in the past and it seems like more of a pain to use that feature. Plus my engineers don't trust it. Hence we don't use that part of the software.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

these are all the warnings that would have to be addressed initially. My big question is why do many of these warnings happen to begin with? For many of the warnings I have to simply delete the member and redraw it. Not too practical and very frustrating.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Could be a 2013 bug with new release, check with Autodesk before you get too frustrated. I do not use Robot, will be sometime before the 2013 link is ready for other analytical design programs are out.
    You could be a beta tester and not know it.

Also try turning off Automatic Checks in Structural Settings, for member supports and analytical/physical model consistency.