See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire Rated Plan Graphic

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fire Rated Plan Graphic

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Page View Post
    If patricks solution came close to what you want, wouldn't you use the filter trick - so just on your fireplans all firerated walls get there cut pattern overridden with this draughting pattern?
    We represent the CMU wall at all scales as well as the fire rating graphic. See the jpg

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADMama View Post
    Can you repost those pats? I can't find them now. Must be on my personal computer or else I left it at the last job......
    Thar ya go, the zip file in post #3 is what we've been using ever since that thread was posted in 2006: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...-Wall-Hatching

While we have materials set up to use those patterns as their cut pattern (like Metal Stud 1-HR or Wood Stud 1-HR or CMU 2-HR, etc), we also use those patterns as the Coarse Scale Fill Pattern for all rated walls, while all other walls get a solid black hatch at Coarse scale. This is used in our Life Safety plans so that rated walls readily show up as different than all other non-rated walls at 1/16" scale.

Where reference planes have Defines Origin checked
    Login to Give a bone

Skipped right over that one. DUH!

Login to Give a bone

I'll chime in on this really quick because we dealt with these issues a ways back. Our fire tapes are generated using railings. we can filter them to apply color for when we have to submit to our state's healthcare code reviewers. The reason why we needed this solution over all the ones previously mentioned on here is we have more than straight walls. Fill patterns can't go in a round wall and maintain the pattern. With a modeled line component you have to make a new type for ellipses and round walls too, plus it's not continuous like a railing can be. The railing is modeled so it shows up everywhere, but has no actually modeled element except a vertical <invisible line> so you always cut through it.

Have you tried this solution and had trouble?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ttiefenbach View Post
    I'll chime in on this really quick because we dealt with these issues a ways back. Our fire tapes are generated using railings. we can filter them to apply color for when we have to submit to our state's healthcare code reviewers. The reason why we needed this solution over all the ones previously mentioned on here is we have more than straight walls. Fill patterns can't go in a round wall and maintain the pattern. With a modeled line component you have to make a new type for ellipses and round walls too, plus it's not continuous like a railing can be. The railing is modeled so it shows up everywhere, but has no actually modeled element except a vertical <invisible line> so you always cut through it.

Have you tried this solution and had trouble?

I never thought of this. How do you get the graphic of the Dash Dot or do you not represent that?

Login to Give a bone

It's not really that easy to write out in text so I attached an RVT file with our standards. It works on everything we've tried so far, except exports to AutoCAD where it puts them on a railing layer, but that's minor to us since our office is 100% Revit. Our baluster family (the dashes and dots) also are set to display wider at Course scale so that when we have a huge hospital and we have a scale of 1:20. Let me know if you have questions and I'll try to help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Hey that's pretty slick and looks real nice. I would try it myself except for the potential coordination issue. I know you can align/lock the rail sketch lines to the walls and all, but still they would probably end up disjoined at some point and have to be shuffled around and put back in place again.

Login to Give a bone

We show our fire tapes on all our plan views so whenever someone is moving a rated wall they see the tape and know to move it with the wall. You can align/lock the sketch of the railing to the walls and as long as the sketch shifts correctly the sketch won't fail and the railing is drawn. We've never had the issue of someone moving a wall and not updating a fire tape cause if they do, we flog them.

Login to Give a bone

Wow this is pretty fancy. I like it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Wow, you guys really surprised me. I think -brace yourselves- that I've changed my mind.

I showed the hatch-and-filter option to our BIM manager who immediately liked it. Fortunately our firm doesn't deal with lots of curved walls all that often, and when we do that could be an easy "override by element" and finish it off with some detail lines. The railing as fire tape is interesting, but we try to stay away from all of the railing based workarounds in Revit. It's still a great option though. Thanks for sharing, Anthony.

Of course, I still have to get buy-off from the PMs and Principals, but once that is approved it is really just a matter of minutes to import the hatches and set up the view templates. We will probably also mess with the hatches to more closely match our line types but that's fairly minor as well. Great topic!

-LP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast