Thread: ACA 2010 act like Autocad 2010?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default ACA 2010 act like Autocad 2010?

is it possible to setup ACA 2010 to act like Autocad 2010 without getting the error messages about 'used with...' ?
    is it possible to turn off the 'ACA' portion so I can use it as standard autocad?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2010 act like Autocad 2010?

When you install ACA you should get an option to be able to install as Acad with it's own icon. I know this was possible in the past, I'm not so sure that's an option in 2013. But to answer your question, yes you can run ACA as Acad.
    There's been several threads in the past for ACA as ACAD with instructions on the "How To's"

Login to Give a bone

If you did not ask for an "ACA as AutoCAD" desktop icon on installation, you may still have gotten the profile. In the Options dialog, on the Profiles tab, look to see if you have a profile called "AutoCAD" or some similar name (something that does not include "Architecture" in the name). You should be able to use that profile to run ACA as AutoCAD.

If you have that profile, and want a desktop shortcut to use it, you can copy an AutoCAD Architecture desktop shortcut and change the Target string in the shortcut's properties. Use the "AutoCAD" (or whatever it is called on your computer) profile in place of the specified profile (after the "/p" switch). If the shortcut has a "/ld" (load) switch, delete that and the quoted string that follows to avoid loading the AEC modules. You will also want to start with an AutoCAD template, so that there are no AEC objects in the files from the template.

If you do not have such a profile, it may be possible to modify the installation and ask for the "as AutoCAD" profile and desktop shortcut. If that is not something you can do (administrative priviledges and whatnot), you should be able to create a new profile in the Options dialog/Profile tab and then, with that profile selected, choose the Reset button. That resets the profile to factory defaults, which happens to be the same as the "as AutoCAD" profile.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you David, I went with the autocad profile. saved my current profile and then switched.

Thank you.