Thread: DWA Standard Sizes?

Login to Give a bone

Default DWA Standard Sizes?

Is there any way to have a Door Window Assembly Style with standard sizes listed? Any work arounds to make this possible?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWA Standard Sizes?

what happened to the NG for asking general questions for ACA/AMEP? There seems only the specific NG's now???

I've had the same problem and resorted to using ME's to create custom window shapes that follow specific brick sizes. I've found for windows I strip an Awning windows (set frame to 0) and use it as the inserted block and then it displays correctly. (Or a slider or a casement etc.) ME is window style so it folllows same material setting. I've not done it for a door frame but I guess could do the same but I do just use regular DWA's and adjust size. Windows are used much more often!

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: DWA Standard Sizes?

Thanks very much...I'll give it a try. I figured someone must have tried to find a way around this.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWA Standard Sizes?

OK....it's taken me a while to find time to try this out.

I made some ME's for the custom frame profile and inserted a separate frame for each side and top and bottom. This way when the window is resized the frame lengths stretch but the profile width remains the same. All works fine except for the lines that show where the frames cross at the corner (see attached screenshot).

Any way to get around this? Of course if you join the frames before inserting the corner gets cleaned up but then the frame widths get distorted as the window is made larger or smaller.

Frame Corner.JPG