See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUtoCAD Questions

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question AUtoCAD Questions

I am having a trouble answering these 4 questions on my study guide for my final exam.
    VIEWPORT
    1. What is the purpose of having a viewport?
    2. Do you need to be in paper space or model space to resize a viewport?
    BLOCKS
    3. When dealing with blocks, what is an attribute?
    4. what are the 2 ways to access a listing of all blocks in the current drawing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AUtoCAD Questions

These questions are surprisingly similar to another set of 4 questions on another discussion board. Hmmm. So it appears that rather than opening your student version of AutoCAD you're simply trolling the net for answers. You'll learn more by actually opening the program and finding the answers there. They can all be found quite easily. Or in your textbook.

Maybe someone else will do your homework for you... but it won't be me. If you are serious about learning how to use AutoCAD you need to learn first how to figure things like this out on your own. In the real world we don't get A's or B's... we either get to keep our jobs or we get fired. Start making that transition now. It'll make life easier for you in the near future.

Dave.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I agree. It's not that we don't want to help, but I'd rather teach you to fish than give you fish. Welcome to AUGI though, hope you get help here - preferably no parrot answers.

Your most productive way to learn is to play around with the program. Try stuff, don't be scared - especially since it's only a student version. Go through as many options as you can see on the screen, once you've found something you think you might need later - try using the command, if stuck press F1, if still stuck then search your textbooks' index and/or come ask here. If you can't find the commands in question, try searching in the F1 help (usually shows how to get at them), or try a google search as well. Usually you should be able to just type the command into ACad and press space / enter (if you cannot find it in the menu / ribbon).

That said, some of those questions are trick questions - unless it is explained in context of surrounding questions. E.g. I can think of at least 4 ways to list blocks in the current drawing, varying in the detail you get in the listing. Also read 2 very carefully, it has two answers - one more correct than the other.

Login to Give a bone

also, questions 1 & 2 seem to be based on an unwarranted assumption so a full and complete answer is not straight forward..

Login to Give a bone

You guys are brutal.

But you're right, if you are taking the time to create an AUGI account and ask a question, why don't you get into the AutoCAD software and play around.
    The 'Help menu is a wonderful thing.

And please feel free to come back when you have real questions.

BTW: Congrats on your first post!

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    You guys are brutal.
    The 'Help menu is a wonderful thing.
    as long as you arent using 2013

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    as long as you arent using 2013
    Ouch !

Login to Give a bone

Agree with the rest of the answers so far, even the 2013 help. A little story from my time in the army years ago.............
    Back when I was getting ready to appear before my first promotion board we did not have the fancy study guides they have today. For those with out any idea of what a promotion board is, it's when you get all dresses up in your best dress uniform and stand , yes STAND, in front of 5-7 sr leaders answering question about your job, the job above yours, and general military trivial. I was advised from my peers that if I didn't know the answer to a question to be honest and say I do not know the answer but will look it up. To my surprise I was asked something that I had no idea what the answer was. So following the advice of my peers I stated " I do not know but will look the answer up for you." Well the SMG that asked then asked "Where would you look for the answer?"
    So moral of the story is if you don't know the answer, you better know where to look for it.

In case anyone is wondering, I passed the promotion board and got my first 3 stripes a few weeks later.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurphy View Post
    ...So moral of the story is if you don't know the answer, you better know where to look for it. ...
    Exactly! Even with my 20+ years in ACad, I know for a fact I don't know everything and/or forgot stuff I don't use constantly. The reason I consider myself an expert, is because I know where to search for stuff I don't know.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Exactly! Even with my 20+ years in ACad, I know for a fact I don't know everything and/or forgot stuff I don't use constantly. The reason I consider myself an expert, is because I know where to search for stuff I don't know.
    Yep, me too. It's this great thing called AUGI!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast