Thread: Incorporating Red-lines into Revit model to make an As-built model

Login to Give a bone

Default Incorporating Red-lines into Revit model to make an As-built model

Does anyone have a good way of incorporating red-lines into a revit model to create an as-built model. I am looking for a way to keep the "Issued for Construction" model, while having the as-built condition as well. The customer wants one file showing what we built from (IFC) and what was actually built. I was thinking of doing the as built as another phase, but since that's not what it was meant for I'm sure there are many downsides to that. Does anyone have a similar experience? Any best practices?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Incorporating Red-lines into Revit model to make an As-built model

Maybe there is a better solution, but what about doing a "save as" to an As-built model and make the changes there?

Login to Give a bone

That's what I would like to do, but apparently they want a single file. Also, it's possible that not all the design is complete, as we are doing a fast-track project. But we may just need to do it anyway and put off finishing the as-built until all design is done.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by blisbmb View Post
    That's what I would like to do, but apparently they want a single file. Also, it's possible that not all the design is complete, as we are doing a fast-track project. But we may just need to do it anyway and put off finishing the as-built until all design is done.
    Then my opinion would be to use a phase for this because of what they're asking you to do.

I don't know enough about phases, but I think that should work.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

What about plotting to DWF and use Design Review to mark it up, then link the mark-up back into Revit?