I have a roadway alignment that traverses over a bridge. The profile ties in nicely on either side of the bridge, with a vertical curve over the bridge.

The client would like the roadway profile to tie into existing shortly after crossing the limits of the bridge. On paper, I can easily just trim the vertical curve, say 10 feet beyond the limits of the bridge, and then insert an angle point on each side of the bridge that allows vertical a tangent on each side to tie in shortly thereafter.

Essentially you would have the existing grade, an angle point, a tangent, an angle point at the PVC, the vertical curve, an angle point at the PVT, a tangent, an angle point, and the existing grade. Above the vertical curve would be the PVI for the crest curve.

The vertical curve would likely be asymmetrical after being altered, but the original design of the curve is symmetrical. Also, if possible, I would like to retain definition of the original symmetrical vertical curve, to allow future roadway work to tie in smoothly.

Is there a way to accomplish this using Civil3D? I was able to do this sort of thing using LDD without any issues.

Thank you to whoever can help shed some light on this.